Windows 10: Why change my preferences?

Discus and support Why change my preferences? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just finished a 10 hour+ update to Windows 10. Can't believe that it takes so long. Not so upset at the time as I am that the update changed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonFerron, Aug 2, 2020.

1. DonFerron Win User

Why change my preferences?

Just finished a 10 hour+ update to Windows 10. Can't believe that it takes so long. Not so upset at the time as I am that the update changed my preferences. Who are they to think that I wanted a dark, black environment? Don't try to dictate what you think my preferences should be. So far there are no "apparent" ill effects from this update. Speed seems to be the same.

Question: Why can't Microsoft give us a choice to return to our previous preferences at the end of the update?

:)

DonFerron, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 2, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Aug 2, 2020
  4. RealNeil Win User

Advice needed on build for a teenager's first custom PC

Good list.

RealNeil, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Why change my preferences? - Similar Threads - Why change preferences

2. Why does my recording preferences is not showing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my recording preferences is not showing?: While trying to enable my Xbox gamebar recording, I discovered that my recording preferences somehow is not there and I have no way to turn it on. I tried to looked up on Youtube, but nothing worked. I think I might accidentally turned off recording for Xbox gamebar while...
  3. Why does my recording preferences is not showing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my recording preferences is not showing?: While trying to enable my Xbox gamebar recording, I discovered that my recording preferences somehow is not there and I have no way to turn it on. I tried to looked up on Youtube, but nothing worked. I think I might accidentally turned off recording for Xbox gamebar while...
  4. Why won't my preference for the highest setting STAY for "Change brightness for the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why won't my preference for the highest setting STAY for "Change brightness for the...: I have to repeatedly set my brightness to the highest setting. Why does it ALWAYS change to a dim setting? This is not a new thing and has gone on for years in Windows 10. There are lots of settings in Windows that can be set per the user's preference and they don't change...
  5. Why won't my preference for the highest setting STAY for "Change brightness for the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my preference for the highest setting STAY for "Change brightness for the...: I have to repeatedly set my brightness to the highest setting. Why does it ALWAYS change to a dim setting? This is not a new thing and has gone on for years in Windows 10. There are lots of settings in Windows that can be set per the user's preference and they don't change...
  6. Why won't my preference for the highest setting STAY for "Change brightness for the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to change sign in preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change sign in preferences: Hello, I believe someone else has access to my account. When I try to change account sign in preferences I am sent to https://account.live.com/names/Manage . When I get there, my email is listed as the primary alias, but the letters are lighter and I am unable to change it in...
  8. Why is Microsoft asking me to continuously change my passwords or log in preferences?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is Microsoft asking me to continuously change my passwords or log in preferences?: Seriously, ENOUGH! I don't want a pin to sign into Win10. Don't need that. Also, now ALL my Office 365 programs are asking me to change my login to make it easier to access these apps. NO!!!! I don't want one password to access everything. I am fine with having separate...
  9. change mail attachments preference

in Windows 10 Customization
    change mail attachments preference: I cannot open a email attachments as Adobe is the default and I want to change it. thanks BP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-mail-attachments-preference/e0220e60-ebe3-4cdc-a47a-551ed2c14cd6
  10. Can't change installation preferences

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change installation preferences: Trying to do an Installation/Repair on a W-10 Pro Insider Preview. Reason: Updates fail Won't reset, just says it can't. Using iso from Download Windows 10 Insider Preview Advanced It only allows me to do a clean install. 111849