Windows 10: Why closing my laptop lid my broadband stops working

Discus and support Why closing my laptop lid my broadband stops working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know it sounds very weird. The problem is: Everything was great until day before yesterday but after replacing the new router (just device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShakilSouls, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Why closing my laptop lid my broadband stops working

I know it sounds very weird.

The problem is:

Everything was great until day before yesterday but after replacing the new router (just device replacement).

I notice when i start downloading something torrent/direct/IDM, when i close my laptop lid not only the download stops but it kills the entire wifi network in my home TV/Smartphone/ps4, literally my internet stops working. If i open my laptop lid everything gets back to normal.

What is the solution I can't keep my lid open always to download?

It's like i can disconnect anyone from my wifi just by closing my lid (while in download). Already pranked my brother while he's in online game, by killing the internet without even touching the router.

:)

ShakilSouls, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Oct 12, 2019
  3. rmoreau Win User
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Why closing my laptop lid my broadband stops working

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Why closing my laptop lid my broadband stops working

1. Why closing my laptop lid my broadband stops working - Similar Threads - Why closing laptop

2. Why does my external monitor stop working when I close my lid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my external monitor stop working when I close my lid?: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. It is connected via USB C to an official HP docking station. I have 3 external monitors attached to the docking station via a combination of HDMI and DisplayPort. Everything was working fine until a week ago, when my middle monitor...
  3. Why does my external monitor stop working when I close my lid?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my external monitor stop working when I close my lid?: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. It is connected via USB C to an official HP docking station. I have 3 external monitors attached to the docking station via a combination of HDMI and DisplayPort. Everything was working fine until a week ago, when my middle monitor...
  4. Why does my external monitor stop working when I close my lid?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?: Title. Also, I'm not sure if it hibernates or anything but after I close the lid for a certain amount of time the computer shutdowns maybe? and I have to start it again with Win11 logo displaying. My PC starts off a bit slow when doing this and becomes normal againMy power...
  6. Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?: Title. Also, I'm not sure if it hibernates or anything but after I close the lid for a certain amount of time the computer shutdowns maybe? and I have to start it again with Win11 logo displaying. My PC starts off a bit slow when doing this and becomes normal againMy power...
  7. Why closing my laptop lid my broadband stops working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why closing my laptop lid my broadband stops working: I know it sounds very weird. The problem is: Everything was great until day before yesterday but after replacing the new router just device replacement. I notice when i start downloading something torrent/direct/IDM, when i close my laptop lid not only the download stops...
  8. Why closing my laptop lid my broadband stops working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why closing my laptop lid my broadband stops working: I know it sounds very weird. The problem is: Everything was great until day before yesterday but after replacing the new router just device replacement. I notice when i start downloading something torrent/direct/IDM, when i close my laptop lid not only the download stops...
  9. Why does my laptop shutdown when I close the lid?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my laptop shutdown when I close the lid?: Why does my laptop always shutdown when I close the lid? I always have to restart my work and it is super annoying.[ATTACH] These are my settings....
  10. Closing my laptop lid

in Windows 10 Support
    Closing my laptop lid: Hello, I'm new to windows 10, just had it installed last week and so far, I like it. A problem I'm running into is when I close the lid on my laptop and then open it again after a while, it shuts down and goes to the hp screen. What I would like is, when I close the lid and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. After closing lid my idm down stops after some times

2. Idm download stops after sometime of closing lid