Windows 10: Why copy/paste of new file in a folder moves my scroll bar to the bottom of the folder?

Discus and support Why copy/paste of new file in a folder moves my scroll bar to the bottom of the folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have made sort by date modified descending as default sorting criteria for my files and folders in Windows 10. The issue occurs when I have a folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by urosk049, Mar 17, 2020.

1. urosk049 Win User

Why copy/paste of new file in a folder moves my scroll bar to the bottom of the folder?

I have made sort by date modified descending as default sorting criteria for my files and folders in Windows 10.
    The issue occurs when I have a folder with a lot of files. After copy/paste of a new file into such folder, File explorer adds new file at the top of the folder correct behavior but moves my current view to the bottom of the folder behavior that I want to prevent.

Such behavior did not occur on my windows 7. Recently I moved to windows 10 and this "small" issue starts to annoy me. Whenever I copy/paste a file to the folder I have to scroll up because file explorer moves my current view to the bottom. Imagine situation when I have 1000 files in a folder.
    Did anyone had a similar issue?

:)

urosk049, Mar 17, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 17, 2020
  4. stoggs1 Win User

Why copy/paste of new file in a folder moves my scroll bar to the bottom of the folder?

i need help copying and pasting inside windows 10 app folders and subfolders

Im not trying to move anything just trying to copy some files into the app folder but the throws that error message destination folder access denied.

stoggs1, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Why copy/paste of new file in a folder moves my scroll bar to the bottom of the folder? - Similar Threads - Why copy paste

2. Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network: We have 5 PC computers all with Windows 10/11 all linked through wire connections in our office. All PC's can view and edit folders and files that are saved on my PC Windows 11. A fellow coworker's PC Windows 11 can copy/paste files and folders that are located on her...
  3. Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network: We have 5 PC computers all with Windows 10/11 all linked through wire connections in our office. All PC's can view and edit folders and files that are saved on my PC Windows 11. A fellow coworker's PC Windows 11 can copy/paste files and folders that are located on her...
  4. Copy and paste option in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and paste option in folders: Hi,With some folders there's the 3 options for conflics with copy/paste: - replace- keep the version- Create a copyBut sometime, there's only the first 2. How can I change add the "create a copy" option? Thanks!...
  5. Copy and paste option in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and paste option in folders: Hi,With some folders there's the 3 options for conflics with copy/paste: - replace- keep the version- Create a copyBut sometime, there's only the first 2. How can I change add the "create a copy" option? Thanks!...
  6. Copying files to new folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files to new folders: I have a main folder (A), many subfolders and a file (B). Every time I create a new folder in A, I wanna copy C inside that new folder. Is that possible? submitted by /u/kolbyng [link] [comments]...
  7. Shared Folders & Files - Cannot Copy & Paste

Shared Folders & Files - Cannot Copy & Paste: Using File Explorer, after copying a folder or file on a P/C or Laptop it cannot be pasted to a top level shared folder on another P/C or Laptop on the Network. When attempting to past to a top level folder on the second machine there is no 'Paste' option displayed. It is...
  8. Copy and pasting files and folders is way slower!!!

Copy and pasting files and folders is way slower!!!: Recently I've disabled some of the preinstalled windows features such uninstalling Cortana and disabling windows media player! and I guess that it may be responsible for slowing down some of the features... I know that my device is capable of copying and pasting things at a...
  9. Delay in 'new folder' creation and in copy-pasting files

Delay in 'new folder' creation and in copy-pasting files: I noticed this problem recently, perhaps after the latest update not sure . If I try to create a new folder in a directory, either by right-click>>New>>Folder or by clicking the 'New Folder' button, one of these things happen : 1. Nothing happens, the folder does not get...
  10. Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.

Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.: I just updated to Windows 10 PRO Build 18363.592 Version 1909. When I try to copy 4 or 5 folders from one location to the other, nothing happens. I have to copy one folder at the time. This is very annoying. Is there any fix for this? Thanks...