Windows 10: why cortana not working. whenever i open it shows "sorry about that i didn't hear...

Discus and support why cortana not working. whenever i open it shows "sorry about that i didn't hear... in Cortana to solve the problem; [ATTACH] this is problem, how to solve this ?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Abhi_hp, May 19, 2020.

1. Abhi_hp Win User

why cortana not working. whenever i open it shows "sorry about that i didn't hear...

why cortana not working. whenever i open it shows "sorry about that i didn't hear... 71b8bbb4-4e98-4b6b-a9d5-86dd8b4526e5?upload=true.png this is problem, how to solve this ?

:)

Abhi_hp, May 19, 2020

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 19, 2020
  3. Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
      Speakers/Headphones.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 19, 2020
  4. why cortana not working. whenever i open it shows "sorry about that i didn't hear...

Cortana can't hear me

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.

Speakers/Headphones.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 19, 2020
Thema:

why cortana not working. whenever i open it shows "sorry about that i didn't hear...

1. why cortana not working. whenever i open it shows "sorry about that i didn't hear... - Similar Threads - why cortana working

2. Cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything" even before I speak a word.

in Cortana
    Cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything" even before I speak a word.: I recently set up Cortana but I get no response when I say "Hey Cortana". Then I clicked on the mic icon in the search bar at the bottom left and before I even start talking cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything". I checked my mic by trying to record...
  3. Cortana says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything"

in Cortana
    Cortana says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything": I am using windows 10 home single language I am facing this issue whenever I am going click microphone logo on Cortana search box to say something it immediately says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything" ,I tried checking microphone set up then using microphone I...
  4. Cortana only replies "Sorry, I didn't get that". How do I fix?

in Cortana
    Cortana only replies "Sorry, I didn't get that". How do I fix?: I have tried everything people have posted re use of Command Prompt Administrator and nothing works. The microphone works fine. Cortana displays the question asked, but does nothing. After a few seconds, it responds with the above statement. Any fix?...
  5. Cortana instantly says "Sorry about that, I couldn't hear anything."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana instantly says "Sorry about that, I couldn't hear anything.": Cortana doesn't seem to have access to a microphone or something. I've tried going thru all the audio settings, used videos and forums for reference. I posted the question on the Microsoft community forums and nothing suggested worked. Anyone had this problem and found a...
  6. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

in Cortana
    Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here.": Hello, I have a new out of the box Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. My PC and Phone are connected properly and I can do things on my phone like open and set the alarm or schedule a reminder but when I ask it to open messenger or Facebook and other apps I just get "Sorry, I can't...
  7. cortana can hear me fine, but still responds with "I'm sorry, I didn't get that"

in Cortana
    cortana can hear me fine, but still responds with "I'm sorry, I didn't get that": when asking her to set a reminder or look something up, my words show up at the bottom as I speak them and the circle spins for a bit, then she says "I'm sorry, I didn't get that" as if my microphone wasn't working or something. if I ask her something like "oh, how are you...
  8. Cortana only replies Sorry, I didn't get that

in Cortana
    Cortana only replies Sorry, I didn't get that: Dictation works fine in Word and in the search box. However, Cortana does not act on any command. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-only-replies-sorry-i-didnt-get-that/c1ea7a17-0cd2-47c1-b4be-02dbe6721e1c"
  9. I cannot hear Cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot hear Cortana: I have installed US English language pack on my Windows 10 PC, including text-to-speech, typewriting etc. But I have a problem with Cortana: she can hear me but I cannot hear her. She is muted...
  10. whenever i tried to opening a folder , it shows working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    whenever i tried to opening a folder , it shows working: whenever i tried to opening a folder , it shows working , it does not listing the files [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-tried-to-opening-a-folder-it-shows/732dd937-7d80-4fb2-952c-b31d8e2f57b6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. has cortana stopped working on lumia phone

2. cortana can hear me but wont answer