Windows 10: Why Cortana Reminders keeps secretly changing the time it's suppose to remind you?

Discus and support Why Cortana Reminders keeps secretly changing the time it's suppose to remind you? in Cortana to solve the problem; I have multiple reminders that are suppose to be reminding me of certain Pomodoros taskweekly, and Cortana specifically changes those to monthly... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jeremy Boateng, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Why Cortana Reminders keeps secretly changing the time it's suppose to remind you?

I have multiple reminders that are suppose to be reminding me of certain Pomodoros taskweekly, and Cortana specifically changes those to monthly reminders without telling me. For example, I had a reminder assigned to remind me every Thursday morning. That reminder is now reminding me "Every Month on the 24th" at the Same time of day. I realized it only today.

This has been happening to me for the past two years and I'm surprised nobody has brought it up in the community. It's easy to resolve the issue by just redoing the reminder times, but I shouldn't have to be punished like that, especially when the problem just keeps resurfacing.

Is it because I don't hit "Complete" on the reminders right away? Is it because I use more than 20 reoccurring reminders and most of them have images and emojis attached to it? What glitch is causing this frustration?

Whatever it is, I don't need help right away; I just wanted to state that this is a problem on here so people know it exists.

:)

Jeremy Boateng, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Sadseh Win User

Time-based Cortana reminders not notifying

Hi,

I've been searching about this topic for several hours already, trying the various suggestions found on other articles and threads, to no avail.

The problem: Whenever I ask Cortana to set a time-based reminder, the reminder never actually pops up when the time comes. I don't know if it's supposed to show up on my calendar, but it doesn't do that also.

Context:

• Cortana creates the reminder without issues, and shows it as coming up until the clock hits the deadline
    • When the set time arrives, I get no reminder pop-up or notification, and the reminder itself gets classed among "missed reminders" in the Cortana notebook
    • I have turned off Quiet Hours or Focus, and have made sure that all applications, including Cortana, can issue notifications
    • I have made sure that all of the time-, region- and language-oriented settings are consistent and accurate to my physical location (UK and UK English) across the board
    • I have given Cortana linked access to my Calendar and Office 365
    • If I ask Cortana to create a calendar event, this works, appears on my calendar, and I get a notification when the appropriate time comes.

Genuinely have no idea what else I can do to get these damn reminders to work.

Sadseh, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Cortana reminders

Hi,

There are two ways to remove Cortana Reminders on your computer.

Kindly follow the steps o how to delete Reminders.

• Launch Cortana from the list of applications.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Select Reminders.
    • To delete reminders, click the check the box that says Complete and move to History or click the
      Trash bin icon to delete

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Dec 22, 2019
  4. kelly_790 Win User

Why Cortana Reminders keeps secretly changing the time it's suppose to remind you?

Cortana Reminder Stuck

I had set a reminder in Cortana and to remind me at 8pm everyday for it. Once I completed the task, I deleted the reminder from Cortana. This was a couple of weeks ago, and now all of a sudden, Cortana started listing it as a meeting at 8pm and it keeps
    coming back everyday. This supposed meeting is not in my Calendar and no meetings or reminders remain in Cortana. Its annoying because I want to have meetings displayed in Cortana to remind me about them, but this meeting which was originally just a reminder
    keeps popping up. I already contacted Microsoft and had them take remote control of my computer, but it was completely useless. If anyone has any solutions I'd appreciate it!

kelly_790, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Why Cortana Reminders keeps secretly changing the time it's suppose to remind you?

1. Why Cortana Reminders keeps secretly changing the time it's suppose to remind you? - Similar Threads - Why Cortana Reminders

2. Cortana Reminders Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Reminders Disappeared: The last time I used Cortana it had a menu that I could choose to see all my reminders. Today that menu is gone. How do I see the reminders I have set?[ATTACH]...
  3. Cortana reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana reminders: Although cortana sets up reminders correctly you are not reminded at the appropriate time. It doesn't matter if you create it on PC, android phone or invoke. It does not work on any device....
  4. Cortana Reminders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana Reminders: I used to get reminders from Cortana by text in the notification area along with a bell sound to remind me. It has stopped working and I've checked all the settings and I can't determine the problem. It accepts my reminders, I see them listed, FocusAssist is off,...
  5. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  6. Cortana remind me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana remind me: I updated to Windows 10 Pro to 1903 and all is fine except for Cortana Remind Me. When I try to do anything the black Remind Me comes up but it promptly disappears on any action. I added another user account and Remind Me works OK in it. I had 4 Remind Me's in the previous...
  7. ask Cortana for a reminder

in Cortana
    ask Cortana for a reminder: I just set up Cortana on 2 computers and asked her to remind me of an appointment. On one she reminded me with a box in the lower corner, but on the other one, she made a verbal announcement. How do I choose the method?...
  8. Cortana reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana reminder: I cannot set a reminder on Cortana it says "your account needs an update.I can take you there to get that settled". plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder/3e912b26-feec-424e-a0ab-8520adccbe2e"
  9. Unreliability of Cortana reminders

Unreliability of Cortana reminders: Has anyone else found Cortana's reminders to be unreliable? For no apparent reason reminders that I set don't ring. Also reminders that I've had set to ring daily and which DID ring daily for a long time all of a sudden stopped for no reason that I can see. Does anyone...
  10. Cortana speeh reminder

Cortana speeh reminder: I've just bought a windows phone, as recommended in the shop, to have it remind me each day, at the same time, to take my tablets. I need it to do this via speech. Basically, each day at 1pm I want it to say "Take your tablets it is 1pm". I don't want any snooze periods...