Windows 10: Why Cortana text box and clicking Get Help on every page of Settings result in Black/Blank...

Discus and support Why Cortana text box and clicking Get Help on every page of Settings result in Black/Blank... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Surprisingly, I'm a victim of Black/Blank screen whenever I need help from "Get Help"! I typed in Get Help in Cortana field I saw Get Help as 1st... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NA_500, Nov 30, 2018.

1. NA_500 Win User

Why Cortana text box and clicking Get Help on every page of Settings result in Black/Blank...

Surprisingly, I'm a victim of Black/Blank screen whenever I need help from "Get Help"! I typed in Get Help in Cortana field I saw Get Help as 1st result, after clicking it, I saw tiny blue spinning wheel with mouse pointer.

Expecting that I'll be taken to MS Virtual Agent Home Page. After just few seconds mouse pointer remains on monitor screen but tiny blue spinning wheel disappears. Once in a while tiny blue spinning wheel appears again and then disappears but mouse pointer remains on monitor screen.

Even if I click "Get Help" at top right on every page of Settings feature, RESULT IS SAME AS ABOVE!

Evidently "Get Help" puts my request in AGGRAVATING SITUATION.

Pls. Radio button for this unusual situation is not an option on MS support article named "Troubleshooting problems for Black or Blank screen".

NA_500

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

NA_500, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

All clicks coming up Blank page

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

• Do you face this issue on any other website also?

Do you receive any error message on the blank page?

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the
    Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.

Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
    and click on Clear.

Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Connections tab, and then click
                LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.

Now check the issue by opening Edge.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Why Cortana text box and clicking Get Help on every page of Settings result in Black/Blank... a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

Why Cortana text box and clicking Get Help on every page of Settings result in Black/Blank...

Blank page on clicking link on Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools button, and then click
                Internet Options.

• Click the Connections tab, and then click
                LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.

Now check the issue by opening Edge.
    Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit
      Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Why Cortana text box and clicking Get Help on every page of Settings result in Black/Blank... - Similar Threads - Why Cortana text

2. Windows search results are black Black text on black bacground

in Cortana
    Windows search results are black Black text on black bacground: I am a tech support representative for my company and I cannot figure out this issue, so I am turning to you with hopes that someone has encountered this before. If I try to search anything with windows search the background and results are totally...
  3. Text Input Cursor is a Black Box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Input Cursor is a Black Box: [ATTACH] As seen in the screen shot, the insert cursor is thicker than usual, the image hasn't been enhanced. It flickers like the normal cursor I have this problem on many places, file explorer, word, and inserting password etc All help appreciated....
  4. Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on

Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on: I have a black text box surround anything I click my cursor on and sometimes just when I hover with my cursor. This started suddenly. I have turned off the magnifier and turned off narrator. Any suggestions? [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  5. help, what is this text box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help, what is this text box?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/9randma_a1ya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ie8qyy/help_what_is_this_text_box/
  6. Cortana search box text can't be seen

Cortana search box text can't be seen: Got a new Dell for the kids yesterday, during some unsupervised activity the kids got into all sorts of settings. Took me a while to reverse them and all was fine except one. If you type into the Cortana search box, the text can not be seen, white text on white background...
  7. Text cursor turned in a black box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text cursor turned in a black box: Hello, I have a problem with my text cursor. It has turned into a black box. What I mean: This happened about 2 years ago 2018 after a Windows Update. I thought it was a bug and that it would get fixed soon, but it didn't. I reinstalled Windows multiple times since then...
  8. My cortana search shows blank results

in Cortana
    My cortana search shows blank results: Today I noticed my cortana search looks completely different. When I go to type in my search box, I get blank results, no matter what I type. I have verified that Windows has indexed nearly 50,000 items for windows search. How can i fix this? My first picture shows what...
  9. centering text boxes on a page

centering text boxes on a page: I clicked on a pair of grouped text boxes to select them and then clicked the Format tab under Drawing Tools. Next I clicked on Align in the Arrange group and clicked on Align Center and nothing happens. The text boxes stay in their current position. I also tried...
  10. Cortana Settings Blank/Not Loading

in Cortana
    Cortana Settings Blank/Not Loading: Hi! I have an issue with the settings app, as it does not load the settings of Cortana. I can see the "Cortana" category on the home page of settings, but if I click on it, none of it's tabs show anything, except the "More details" tab, which loads seamlessly. I have...