Windows 10: Why cortana windows size can't be reduce? Is anyway to disable or uninstall cortana since I...

Discus and support Why cortana windows size can't be reduce? Is anyway to disable or uninstall cortana since I... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why cortana windows size can't be reduce? and there is anyway to disable or uninstall cortana since I don't use it? * Original title: why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Black_Coffee_no_sugar, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Why cortana windows size can't be reduce? Is anyway to disable or uninstall cortana since I...

why cortana windows size can't be reduce?

and there is anyway to disable or uninstall cortana since I don't use it?

* Original title: why cortana?!!?

:)

Black_Coffee_no_sugar, Apr 11, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 11, 2019
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 11, 2019
  4. MattAkins Win User

Why cortana windows size can't be reduce? Is anyway to disable or uninstall cortana since I...

uninstall Cortana in windows 10

I type Cortana and I'm told "no settings found".

MattAkins, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Why cortana windows size can't be reduce? Is anyway to disable or uninstall cortana since I...

1. Why cortana windows size can't be reduce? Is anyway to disable or uninstall cortana since I... - Similar Threads - Why cortana size

2. uninstall cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall cortana: how do i uninstall cortana in win 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-cortana/75d0f616-0d9e-460a-afe8-22bc67539560
  3. uninstall cortana

uninstall cortana: I want to uninstall cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-cortana/0d935ff5-d3cd-4f3c-8f4a-662c4024963d
  4. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: Unless Microsoft can provide the kind of user interface that enables folks to STOP Cortana and STOP updating Defaults, it will be the last time I purchase a system with Windows; I will move to the superior OSes of some version of Linux. You folks should be ashamed and you...
  5. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana in WIndows 10? I don't use it. When I click on "end task" in the task manager, it does NOT stay off. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/1e6d20dd-06a1-4365-86cb-d11a28c89742
  6. Disable Cortana

Disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana. I have unchecked everything in settings but the darn thing carries on to interrupt! Win 10 Home version 1903. Simple and detailed instructions please. 161565
  7. disable cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable cortana: how can I disable cortana completely when I play a game it pops up in task manager and takes a little cpu and it hangs my game a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/d7fd4128-6c0d-438c-a556-34ca7b7c38ed
  8. How do I reduce the Cortana search box size

in Cortana
    How do I reduce the Cortana search box size: Out of no where the box that opens when I click the cortana icon has more than doubled in size and is completely hideous as it now takes up 1/4th of my screen for no reason. I can't seem to find any setting that allows me to revert this travesty of a change and was hoping...
  9. How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana

in Cortana
    How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana: I appreciate that it exist and understand it has its uses but for me? Not really, I've never found it useful and it just sits in the background hogging ram. If it wouldn't be too much trouble I wouldn't mind being informed of a way to disable Cortana as there is nothing in...
  10. Disable Cortana??

Disable Cortana??: How do you disable this?? I used a registry hack but still no good. I want to be able to search without this This is after the new 1607 update. 58467

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana search window size