Windows 10: Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?

Discus and support Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I'm using my PC and it goes to sleep, i click Enter button twice it comes back and then after 2-3 minutes it goes back to sleep. If I don't use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shayokh, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Shayokh Win User

Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?

So I'm using my PC and it goes to sleep, i click Enter button twice it comes back and then after 2-3 minutes it goes back to sleep. If I don't use the pc it takes hours to shut down or it doesn't. But only when i use it it goes sleep. i tried looking for solution in YouTube but it didn't help. WHAT TO DO?

:)

Shayokh, Apr 10, 2023

2. Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Apr 10, 2023
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2023
  4. antzshrek Win User

Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Apr 10, 2023
Thema:

1. Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using? - Similar Threads - Why CPU going

2. why does edge keep getting installed again and again and again and again and again and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does edge keep getting installed again and again and again and again and again and...: Don't need itDon't want itDon't care for itI'm getting tired of uninstalling it on every windows updatePlease stop forcing it on me. It makes me feel depressed, humiliated, forced to swallow garbage. I feel like crying every time this happened. Are you trying to make me...
  3. why does edge keep getting installed again and again and again and again and again and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does edge keep getting installed again and again and again and again and again and...: Don't need itDon't want itDon't care for itI'm getting tired of uninstalling it on every windows updatePlease stop forcing it on me. It makes me feel depressed, humiliated, forced to swallow garbage. I feel like crying every time this happened. Are you trying to make me...
  4. no sleep option again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no sleep option again: I have just got a pc off ebay with win 10 pro installed. I am trying to personalise it as one does but I'm getting no "sleep" option. I had this problem before and Paulo GM an indie advisor helped me with this link...
  5. no sleep option again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sleep option again: I have just got a pc off ebay with win 10 pro installed. I am trying to personalise it as one does but I'm getting no "sleep" option. I had this problem before and Paulo GM an indie advisor helped me with this link...
  6. no sleep option again

7. Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?: So I'm using my PC and it goes to sleep, i click Enter button twice it comes back and then after 2-3 minutes it goes back to sleep. If I don't use the pc it takes hours to shut down or it doesn't. But only when i use it it goes sleep. i tried looking for solution in YouTube...
  8. Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?

Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?: So I'm using my PC and it goes to sleep, i click Enter button twice it comes back and then after 2-3 minutes it goes back to sleep. If I don't use the pc it takes hours to shut down or it doesn't. But only when i use it it goes sleep. i tried looking for solution in YouTube...
  9. why my pc randomly go sleep again and again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why my pc randomly go sleep again and again: I don't know about my PC randomly go to sleep and when I on pc I can use it sometimes it's gone again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-pc-randomly-go-sleep-again-and-again/54640949-69a3-4220-af94-f8f8b2864486
  10. Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop will not Sleep AGAIN!!!!: This isn't the first time that I have had issues with this computer not wanting to go to sleep. It did it with Windows 8.1, it did in Windows 10 when I first upgraded it. Now, it's doing it again in Windows 10. We just changed out modems because we upgraded to a higher speed...