Windows 10: Why CPU Utilization Is Different When Using Different Hard Drives?

Discus and support Why CPU Utilization Is Different When Using Different Hard Drives? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm using Corel VideoStudio X8 Pro to edit video files. However, I've found an issue about the differences among the speed of exporting video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Skaine, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Skaine Win User

Why CPU Utilization Is Different When Using Different Hard Drives?

Hi all,

I'm using Corel VideoStudio X8 Pro to edit video files.
    However, I've found an issue about the differences among the speed of exporting video using different external hard drives.

When I use a 4T Western Digital external hard drive or a 4T Transcend external hard drive to store the original video files and use VideoStudio to edit and export the edited video to an internal hard drive, the CPU Utilization of my laptop maintains at about 89% with a stable and high CPU speed, but when I used some other hard drive including 4T ADATA external hard drive, 1T Seagate external hard drive to store the original video files and export the edited video file to the internal hard drive, the CPU Utilization fluctuates from as low as single digit % to more than 80% and can't maintain at about 89% and causes the total time taken to export the same length of video from the same project becomes a lot slower (50%) than when the WD or Transcend hard drives are used.

Does anyone know why does this happen and how to make the slower one become faster?

Thanks!

:)

Skaine, Mar 24, 2019
  2. dawei Win User

Hard drive swap, different connections

I tried to hook up my old hard drive to a newer mobo, but the hard drive doesn't have the SATA cable (i think that's what it's called). Instead it only has a connection that looks similar to the CDROM data cable.

I found a spot on the mobo to put it and it seemed like it would work, but when i turn on the computer it starts to boot up, then resets after about 10 seconds (well before it boots windows). Then as its booting up after the reset, it does it again at the same place.

It obviously recognizes the drive; if i boot up without it connected at all it stops me after only a few seconds saying there is no hard drive.

But why doesn't it boot up completely?

(by the way this is for a different system than the one i have the specs listed for to the left)

dawei, Mar 24, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    What is the difference (AMD CPU)

stepping on the chips is different

cdawall, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Why CPU Utilization Is Different When Using Different Hard Drives?

SSD and Hard Drive Difference

hi guys, is the difference between hard drives and SSD that much??pls share your experience cause im wondering is it worth to get one

jman20nnsss, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Why CPU Utilization Is Different When Using Different Hard Drives?

1. Why CPU Utilization Is Different When Using Different Hard Drives? - Similar Threads - Why CPU Utilization

2. CPU shows different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU shows different: It shows 24% in the bottom and 31 percent on the top anyone knows why it does this it affects my performance a lot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-shows-different/2ec59443-4b07-46ac-8cea-bad0180a8d16
  3. CPU shows different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU shows different: It shows 24% in the bottom and 31 percent on the top anyone knows why it does this it affects my performance a lot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-shows-different/2ec59443-4b07-46ac-8cea-bad0180a8d16
  4. CPU shows different

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Are there differences between using Media Creation Tool or Recovery Drive Utility when...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are there differences between using Media Creation Tool or Recovery Drive Utility when...: I want to create a USB recovery drive to reinstall my Windows 10 on a new SSD. Sadly, Recovery Drive utility for Windows doesn't recognise my flash drive 32 GB: 4 GB reserved, 28 GB of free space. I tried different solutions from similar threads here, but none of them seemed...
  6. User accounts on different hard drives?

in Windows 10 Customization
    User accounts on different hard drives?: I currently have a hard drive from another computer that I use as an external drive D2 I'd like to know if it's possible to create a user account on my current drive D1 that would run on D2. I guess you could say 1 tower, 1 screen, 2 hard drives for 2 "computers"...
  7. Downloading to a different hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading to a different hard drive: I just built a custom pc and it has 3 hard drives in it. One Samsung 970 pro drive, one Samsung 970 evo drive and one Seagate Barracude 2tb drive. The pro drive, or C:, is the default drive. However, I want to save that drive for current video project work. I would like to...
  8. Why CPU Utilization Is Different Among Different Hard Drives?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why CPU Utilization Is Different Among Different Hard Drives?: Hi all, I'm using Corel VideoStudio X8 Pro to edit video files. However, I've found an issue about the differences among the speed of exporting video using different external hard drives. When I use a 4T Western Digital external hard drive or a 4T Transcend external hard...
  9. Why This Different ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why This Different ?: [img] Right Window is Shortcut Properties When Installed Programs and Tick Create Shortcut on Desktop its Locate to C:\Users\Public\Desktop Left Window is Shortcut Properties Created by Send to.. Option its Locate to C:\Users\User_Name\Desktop How Can I Change Right...
  10. moving hard drive to a differant laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving hard drive to a differant laptop: Dog knocked over my laptop and now it doesn't work. Removed the hard deive and bought a used laptop as the broken one. what do I need to due to get the hard drive to run in the new laptop 85006