Windows 10: Why cryptojacking malware is a bigger threat to your PC than realized

Discus and support Why cryptojacking malware is a bigger threat to your PC than realized in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cryptocurrency mining malware has been one of the most prolific forms of malicious software distributed by cyber criminals throughout 2018, but given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Why cryptojacking malware is a bigger threat to your PC than realized

Read more: Why cryptojacking malware is a bigger threat to your PC than you realise | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

This cryptojacking mining malware pretends to be a Flash update

This cryptojacking mining malware pretends to be a Flash update | ZDNet

Borg 386, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware

Source: Advanced Threat Analytics security research network technical analysis: NotPetya Microsoft Secure

Brink, Nov 14, 2018
  4. DRDNA Win User

Are your Browsers subject to Cryptojacking ? Test within!

Cryptojacking Test Check if your browser is affected by cryptojacking!

Browser test, nothing to download at all. Cryptojacking Test

If you are Not subject to Cryptojacking please add what you used to BLOCK cryptojack mining! Thank you.

Malwarebytes Pro is stopping Cryptojacking on my PC *Rockout :rockout:
    And just in case I also use No Coin on my FF browser which even with Malewarebytes shows that it was blocked.

Why cryptojacking malware is a bigger threat to your PC than realized good027.png

DRDNA, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Why cryptojacking malware is a bigger threat to your PC than realized - Similar Threads - Why cryptojacking malware

2. "Reset your PC" Malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Reset your PC" Malware?: Took my W10 Pro out of sleep mode, and a disturbing page came up in a Chrome tab titled "Apps removed while resetting your PC" With a detailed list of my apps. The URL is "file:///C:/Users/TROYE/Desktop/Removed%20Apps.html". NO reset was done, or any other system maintenance....
  3. "Reset your PC" Malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Reset your PC" Malware?: Took my W10 Pro out of sleep mode, and a disturbing page came up in a Chrome tab titled "Apps removed while resetting your PC" With a detailed list of my apps. The URL is "file:///C:/Users/TROYE/Desktop/Removed%20Apps.html". NO reset was done, or any other system maintenance....
  4. "Reset your PC" Malware?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. image is bigger than the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    image is bigger than the screen: After an update I cannot see the edges of my screen, its like the screen has zoomed in and the edges are cut off. I have tried all the display settings, changed everything, nothing has worked. can anyone help me please? I am using a lenovo tablet/computer attached via HDMI...
  6. Display bigger than monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display bigger than monitor?: My display is bigger than the actual monitor. I am on the recommended resolution and icon size, still cant see edges of display as my screen is too small. It is set to the Samsung Monitor which has worked fine for my PS4 during the last 4 years. What can I do to fix this?...
  7. Trojan malware: The hidden cyber threat to your PC

in Windows 10 News
    Trojan malware: The hidden cyber threat to your PC: But while cryptojacking and ransomware continue to be widespread threats, other attackers have continued to quietly deploy a potentially much more damaging threat: trojan malware. As the name suggests, trojan malware sneaks onto your PC by disguising itself as something...
  8. This cryptojacking mining malware pretends to be a Flash update

in Windows 10 News
    This cryptojacking mining malware pretends to be a Flash update: Crooks are attempting to spread their cryptojacking malware to unsuspecting victims by disguising it as an update for Flash. The fake updaters are delivered to victims via web pop-up windows and use authentic-looking branding to increase the chances of a download. If a...
  9. Malware threats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware threats: I have just received two emails threatening me with the elimination of all of my data if I do not provide 900 Euros in bit coin. How can I verify that this is a legitimate threat and how did it pass through Defender' protection, if valid?...
  10. Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection: Just found this today, A very simple way to test if your browser is vulnerable to Cryptojacking it only takes a min. Cryptojacking Test Source: How to Test Your Web Browsers Cryptojacking Protection - Make Tech Easier Testing Your Browser In response to...