Windows 10: Why department????

Discus and support Why department???? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just received the latest (as of Dec 16, 2015) updates for win 10. I would like to thank Microsoft for the following: *Waiting 10 minutes for win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by redvette, Dec 15, 2015.

1. redvette Win User

Why department????

Just received the latest (as of Dec 16, 2015) updates for win 10. I would like to thank Microsoft for the following:

*Waiting 10 minutes for win 10 start screen, not knowing what is/has happened.

*Changing my default settings

*Screwing up my audio (I use xonor USB - not two channel that Dell provided).
    I spent 20 minutes on the above.

*Not sure what else has occurred.

Just wish that Microsoft would alert me what updates would do to my computer and I could control what update to apply.

sign me
    Disgruntled

:)

redvette, Dec 15, 2015
  2. (why) Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition in "Free trial" After buying

I have an issue with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition that I have had for awhile but cannot figure out. About a year back, I bought Windows 10 Minecraft and was playing on servers constantly over the course of about 6 months. I took a break for a few months,
    but when I came back, all the servers I added on were gone, and instead when I went to build stuff, it says on the Windows Store "Free Trial" and "Buy" or something like that, and I bought it already. What happened?

(why), Dec 15, 2015
  3. (why) Win User
    Bought Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta FULL Version but Plays as Trial

Hello, I have a similar problem, but on PC. How can I fix this?

(why), Dec 15, 2015
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Why department????

Looks like you are not a happy camper. You should submit your problems to Microsoft. Here we can only express our sympathy with you but we cannot really change your situation.

5. redvette Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't expect a solution to Microsoft's adding insult to injury with their big business approach to their customer base wants or dislikes. I've had window versions since win 3.1 way back in the dark ages. I've been happy, or mostly happy with all versions up to win 10. I wonder what Microsoft will unleash with win 12?

Maybe it's time to look at Apple offerings.

redvette, Dec 16, 2015
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    The other option is to go back to Windows7. That works flawlessly. I stayed on that.

7. TrustMe Win User
    I use Windows Update MintTool. You can check for updates, see which ones you want to install, and hide the ones you don't. I block Windows from checking through Services. When I want to check for updates, I enable Windows Update in Services and then check with the MiniTool. When I'm finished, I disable it again. Here is the link
    Download Windows Update MiniTool - MajorGeeks

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why department????

1. Why department???? - Similar Threads - Why department

2. Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis?: Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-change-the-skin-color-of-the-emojis/a8578d74-b333-47ee-80bf-84c38ef7dd22
  3. Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis?: Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-change-the-skin-color-of-the-emojis/a8578d74-b333-47ee-80bf-84c38ef7dd22
  4. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  5. Why does epic games lags my computer?

Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  6. Why can't I disable real time protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I disable real time protection?: I'm trying to disable real-time protection, but I can't do that until I disable tamper protection, and it doesn't allow me to do that even though I'm the administrator.I tried gpedit, regedit, safe mode, cmd, and PowerShell but nothing worked....
  7. Why can't I disable real time protection?

Why can't I disable real time protection?: I'm trying to disable real-time protection, but I can't do that until I disable tamper protection, and it doesn't allow me to do that even though I'm the administrator.I tried gpedit, regedit, safe mode, cmd, and PowerShell but nothing worked....
  8. windows security department called from 518-519-9064 why did they call?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security department called from 518-519-9064 why did they call?: windows security department called from 518-519-9064 why did they call?They want to access my computer.are they legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-department-called-from-518-519/3f0cb13a-880e-4f61-8bc4-772f11c21549
  9. windows security department called from 518-519-9064 why did they call?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security department called from 518-519-9064 why did they call?: windows security department called from 518-519-9064 why did they call?They want to access my computer.are they legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-department-called-from-518-519/3f0cb13a-880e-4f61-8bc4-772f11c21549
  10. windows security department called from 518-519-9064 why did they call?