Windows 10: Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be applicatioin icons?

Discus and support Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be applicatioin icons? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Desktop: HP / Win Version 1909 (this has been installed for a good while now. No issues I know) Had to shorten the Thread Subject: I have recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jackdashacki, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be applicatioin icons?

Desktop: HP / Win Version 1909 (this has been installed for a good while now. No issues I know)
    Had to shorten the Thread Subject:

I have recently installed several programs that when installed they threw an icon on the desktop that is not a shortcut. It is an application icon. They seem to fight being removed or disallow it. For someone that wants a certain amount of control for what is cluttering up their desktop this is OCD close to overflow.

Browser MX5
    inSSIDer Home WiFi manager
    Dragon Naturally Speaking Home Ed.

How or what can be done about these applications program "shortcuts'' that resist removal?

Thanks for very much for any knowledge on this. jack ";-}

:)

jackdashacki, Apr 18, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

4. Mussels Win User

Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be applicatioin icons?

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be applicatioin icons?

1. Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be applicatioin icons? - Similar Threads - Why Desktop icons

2. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop program icon covered with file icon: how to i shift this file icon thats covering the programm iconthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-program-icon-covered-with-file-icon/9e877644-1301-417b-83d1-d1a86779ce40
  3. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop program icon covered with file icon: how to i shift this file icon thats covering the programm iconthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-program-icon-covered-with-file-icon/9e877644-1301-417b-83d1-d1a86779ce40
  4. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop icons intermittently not launching programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons intermittently not launching programs: I have a Dell Inspiron 7700 AIO running the latest version of Windows 11 and have a weird problem.. I run a program for example the Foxpro browser, then exit the program. If I try to restart Foxpro within a minute or two of shutting it down, it won't immediately restart. I...
  6. desktop icon losing link to programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icon losing link to programs.: Have 2 new Desktop PC's - less than 6mths old. One is Intel, other is AMD. They both run on the same network.Having problem with desktop icons losing their connection to the program they are linked to, specifically the roblox player.I create the icon on one PC and it...
  7. program icons aren't free on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program icons aren't free on the desktop: All program icons are placed in a bar on top of desktop; how to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-icons-arent-free-on-the-desktop/c0a1cc50-a337-429a-b9c4-193485a35dda
  8. Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be application icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be application icons?: Desktop: HP / Win Version 1909 (this has been installed for a good while now. No issues I know) Had to shorten the Thread Subject: I have recently installed several programs that when installed they threw an icon on the desktop that is not a shortcut. It is an application...
  9. Program icon on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program icon on the desktop: I want to add program icons on the desktop. I have a PC running Windows 10. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-icon-on-the-desktop/270d66fb-772d-4107-90a8-5acfaafc5115
  10. Blurry app icons on desktop, program icons fine

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry app icons on desktop, program icons fine: So I'm having this strange problem for a while now, so can't say when it started really. This is on one of my daughter's computer. She has a mix of app icons and program icons on her desktop, but for some reason all app icons are very blurry, as you can see in the attachment....