Windows 10: Why device manager showing two audio devices?

Discus and support Why device manager showing two audio devices? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why device manager showing two audio devices? Nothing connected to laptop. Laptop is not docked. [ATTACH] ThinkPad T490 Microsoft Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jackin, Jun 15, 2020.

1. jackin Win User

Why device manager showing two audio devices?

Nothing connected to laptop.

Laptop is not docked.

Why device manager showing two audio devices? 114db8f6-397d-4259-831a-74e5d300aab0?upload=true.jpg

ThinkPad T490

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro X64

:)

jackin, Jun 15, 2020

2. device manager not showing correct cpu

this one has me confused, .When i look in device manage under processors it is still showing my old q8200 cpu and ive upgraded to the q9650. why would it not show this in device manager? , The bios shows it, cpuiz shows the q9650, the vista basic information shows it but not under device manager/ should I be concerned about this ? any ideas would be great thanx Dragon

DTV DRAGON, Jun 15, 2020
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Why device manager showing two audio devices? What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jun 15, 2020
  4. t260g Win User

no audio device

i reformatted my computer yesterday, and i began the process of re-installing everything. when i got to soundcard drivers, i have problems. i use onboard realtek ALC888, after downloading the latest drivers (R1.96) and installing them i have a "no audio device" showing up in the control panel.

i tried "add hardware" and manually selected new hardware device and went through that whole process. after setting up the realtek high definition audio, i went to device manager. it shows a warning sign and the details show Code 10, which then tells me to unistall and reinstall the drivers for the device which i have already done. none of this helps.

i also tried validating windows and got all the recent updates for XP and retried this whole process and i still have the same problem. any ideas?

t260g, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Why device manager showing two audio devices? - Similar Threads - Why device manager

2. why is my usb showing as "unknown device" in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my usb showing as "unknown device" in device manager: i accidently unplugged a usb to my wireless headset and when i plugged it back in it didnt work and the device is not showing up in "sound" settings. it shows as "unknown device" in device manager aswell and when i click properties it says"The drivers for this device are not...
  3. twice the audio devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    twice the audio devices in Device Manager: HelloPlease help, this problem is driving me up the walls.Whenever I plug an Audio device Jabra or Sennheiser BT dongle and an external camera is plugged in I get twice as many entries in the list.It's not just about the number of times on the list but it also causes havoc in...
  4. twice the audio devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    twice the audio devices in Device Manager: HelloPlease help, this problem is driving me up the walls.Whenever I plug an Audio device Jabra or Sennheiser BT dongle and an external camera is plugged in I get twice as many entries in the list.It's not just about the number of times on the list but it also causes havoc in...
  5. twice the audio devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows GUI Icon Shows "No Audio Devices Installed" but Device Manager shows devices...

Windows GUI Icon Shows "No Audio Devices Installed" but Device Manager shows devices...: I have a Windows 10 Enterprise Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1288 System that is up to date as 02:48 am this morning 10/14/2021.No Sound will Play from the System.By the Clock on the Taskbar there is a Speaker ICON with a Red "x". Right clicking reveals Speaker Setup UNKNOWN...
  7. No audio output devices installed but devices show up on device manager

No audio output devices installed but devices show up on device manager: Hi, my PC always has a red cross on the sound icon at the taskbar whenever I turn it on. I take a look at the sound settings on the control panel and there are no audio devices listed at the playback menu. I look at the device manager and there are literally 5 audio devices...
  8. two 1394 devices not listed in the device manager

two 1394 devices not listed in the device manager: I have two firewire devices which connect to a computer through a pci expand card with three ports. the os of the computer is win10. if I just connect any one of the two firewire devices to the computer. device manager can detect it and install the driver automatically,and it...
  9. No audio device in device manager

No audio device in device manager: I bought a cheap Dell Optiplex desktop PC for my mum to watch Netflix on her TV, it has SSD and HDMI out, so I thought it'll do the job she needs it for. I bought it off ebay a couple of months ago, but was so busy working, I'm only just plugging it in now, so probably too...
  10. Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices

Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices: Hello everyone, Laptop Samsung NP300V5A. Sound stops working about a month after Win 10 upgrade. No changes done at the time. Audio devices show up under Device Manager, but not under Playback/Recording Devices. Same for Realtek Sound Manager - it doesn't see the...