Windows 10: Why did a account I had on my hard drive disappear I did not change it ?Windows 10

Discus and support Why did a account I had on my hard drive disappear I did not change it ?Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had three accounts on my hard drive now I only have two one disappeared with out me doing anything how could this happen ? Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by colline999, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Why did a account I had on my hard drive disappear I did not change it ?Windows 10

I had three accounts on my hard drive now I only have two one disappeared with out me doing anything how could this happen ? Windows 10

:)

colline999, Nov 22, 2018
  2. little cat, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Why did a account I had on my hard drive disappear I did not change it ?Windows 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Why did a account I had on my hard drive disappear I did not change it ?Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Why did a account I had on my hard drive disappear I did not change it ?Windows 10

1. Why did a account I had on my hard drive disappear I did not change it ?Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why did account

2. I did an update and it crashed my hard drive and laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did an update and it crashed my hard drive and laptop: Last week I updated my laptop like normal and it never came back on. I took it to my computer repair person and they installed a new hard drive and once windows preformed update it crashed the new hard drive as well. Now I'm not sure I want windows again but I dislike apple....
  3. I did an update and it crashed my hard drive and laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did an update and it crashed my hard drive and laptop: Last week I updated my laptop like normal and it never came back on. I took it to my computer repair person and they installed a new hard drive and once windows preformed update it crashed the new hard drive as well. Now I'm not sure I want windows again but I dislike apple....
  4. Why did my D drive disappear on my Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my D drive disappear on my Windows 10 Pro.: Hi there,My D drive suddenly disappeared on my Windows 10 Pro. I had it last night and I no longer see it this morning. The info on cmd diskpart, list disk reads as below: Disk ###: Disk 0Status: OnlineSize: 238 GBFree: 1024 KBDyn:GpT: *Please help. How to I find my D...
  5. Why did my D drive disappear on my Windows 10 Pro.

Why did my D drive disappear on my Windows 10 Pro.: Hi there,My D drive suddenly disappeared on my Windows 10 Pro. I had it last night and I no longer see it this morning. The info on cmd diskpart, list disk reads as below: Disk ###: Disk 0Status: OnlineSize: 238 GBFree: 1024 KBDyn:GpT: *Please help. How to I find my D...
  6. Why did my D drive disappear on my Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did my D drive disappear on my Windows 10 Pro.: Hi there,My D drive suddenly disappeared on my Windows 10 Pro. I had it last night and I no longer see it this morning. This is the screen shot of cmd is here, if this means anything. It reads:Disk ###: Disk 0Status: OnlineSize: 238 GBFree: 1024 KBDyn:GpT: *Please help. How...
  7. Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?: I checked the files app and I noticed that some files located in the Downloads folder suddenly disappeared and I did not dele them. I went to check the Recicle Bin and they're not even there. I can't seem to find them. I have no idea where to look for them either or how to...
  8. Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?

Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?: I checked the files app and I noticed that some files located in the Downloads folder suddenly disappeared and I did not dele them. I went to check the Recicle Bin and they're not even there. I can't seem to find them. I have no idea where to look for them either or how to...
  9. Why did my Bluetooth disappear?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why did my Bluetooth disappear?: All of a sudden I don't have my Bluetooth - why would that be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-my-bluetooth-disappear/8fafa26c-0287-482d-b928-3fbf40191e04
  10. Did I lose A External Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did I lose A External Hard Drive?: Okay so basically I just bought an external USB hardrive so I can have more space for my PS4/Desktop. I first used it a little on my PC [worked fine] Then used it on my PS4. It told me I had to Format it [which I did] But now I can’t use it on my PC anymore, the plugged in...