Windows 10: Why did a Cortana icon appear on my taskbar after installing the Windows 10 May 2020 Update?

Discus and support Why did a Cortana icon appear on my taskbar after installing the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? in Cortana to solve the problem; After upgrading Windows 10 May 2020 Update, a Cortana icon appeared next to the search bar in the Windows taskbar. When I click on it, I get a message... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by M. Hamer, Jun 4, 2020.

1. M. Hamer Win User

Why did a Cortana icon appear on my taskbar after installing the Windows 10 May 2020 Update?

After upgrading Windows 10 May 2020 Update, a Cortana icon appeared next to the search bar in the Windows taskbar. When I click on it, I get a message saying that Cortana is not yet supported. So why is the icon displayed?

:)

M. Hamer, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Cortana Note Book Icon Not Appearing

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

1. Are you unable to turn on cortana?

2. From when is the issue persisting?

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana. To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Amarjeet_Paul, Jun 4, 2020
  4. RK1997 Win User

Why did a Cortana icon appear on my taskbar after installing the Windows 10 May 2020 Update?

Why is the icon not appearing on taskbar?

Did the 2 steps but still the icon in taskbar appears 50% of the time.

RK1997, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Why did a Cortana icon appear on my taskbar after installing the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? - Similar Threads - Why did Cortana

2. Is it safe to uninstall Cortana via powershell after the May 2020 update?

in Cortana
    Is it safe to uninstall Cortana via powershell after the May 2020 update?: I got paranoid when Cortana invades a bit of my privacy so I searched how to uninstall it. Without knowing the disclaimers when using the Powershell I used this code Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 Remove-AppxPackage Then I used this: Get-AppXPackage...
  3. Cortana Windows May 2020 Update

in Cortana
    Cortana Windows May 2020 Update: Hi! I just updated my Windows, which was supposed to be the diagnosis of the black screen error Previously mentioned among my other questions, but instead, it caused another one. Now, Cortana is an app, which is way cooler, but what will make it even cooler is that it runs....
  4. After Windows Update 10 May 2020 Cortana will no longer work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows Update 10 May 2020 Cortana will no longer work?: I have installed the update 10 May 2020, which supposedly has some improvements, but after that some applications do not work anymore. So far it does not bother me, but Cortana does not respond to my questions anymore. (Unfortunately Cortana in German is not available at the...
  5. Weird Icon on Taskbar since May 2020 Update Win10 v2004

Weird Icon on Taskbar since May 2020 Update Win10 v2004: Hello, ever since updating my windows 10 version to 2004 yesterday, I get a very weird icon on staskbar: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] It appears when I open the arrow on the taskbar and as soon as I hover on it, it immediately disappears, until the next time it appears again....
  6. Cortana Windows 10 May 2020/2004

in Cortana
    Cortana Windows 10 May 2020/2004: Just upgraded to May 2020 version and now I am getting a Cortana pop up indicating that Cortana is not available in English United Kingdom at this time. This doesn't bother me as I don't use Cortana, but the pop up is annoying. Been into settings and tried to turn off...
  7. Why is Windows still prompting me to install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update after it did...

Why is Windows still prompting me to install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update after it did...: On Thursday afternoon at 5:00pm my time, I shut down all of my applications and initiated the pending windows update. I have an HP Envy laptop with 16GB of RAM, and Intel i7 processor and over 3TB of free disk space. After 3 hours, I checked my computer and it said that...
  8. Cortana on Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004

in Cortana
    Cortana on Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004: I just installed the new Windows 10 update onto my PC and I notice that Cortana is back on my Start Menu! It wasn't there on the previous version, what can I do to remove the application from my start menu?[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows will not load after install of May 2020 windows 10 update

Windows will not load after install of May 2020 windows 10 update: I installed the latest Windows 10 update and upon restarting my computer, the computer will turn on but windows will not load and I am unable to access my computer at all. Any ideas?...
  10. Why is the icon not appearing on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is the icon not appearing on taskbar?: This happens 50% of the time though. Once I went to desktop straight-away from lower-right corner in taskbar and couldn't find it. Had to run it again to use it. Here's the picture: [img] 148808