Windows 10: why did an MS update just install Web Companion and Bing without asking??

Discus and support why did an MS update just install Web Companion and Bing without asking?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was not explicitly asked about installing these 3rd party programs and search engine on my PC. How can MS have the right to do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CPeterBengtson, Feb 17, 2020.

1. why did an MS update just install Web Companion and Bing without asking??

I was not explicitly asked about installing these 3rd party programs and search engine on my PC. How can MS have the right to do that?

:)

CPeterBengtson, Feb 17, 2020
  2. spunk Win User

Where do Bing, Bonjour, and Web Companion come from..................

Bonjour is a part of iTunes and helps you connect your other devices to your computer.
    Bing is offered as an "optional" add on for some "Free" Software. Got to pay for it somehow.
    Web Companion is bundled with Lavasoft's Adaware malware remover and is part of it's suite.
    Usually when you install "Free" software, it asks you if you would like this "optional" software, most people click right past this message and by default it installs to pay for the "Free" Software.

spunk, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    web companion uodate

For further information about Web Companion see
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_7/web-companion/0b683b3c-335e-4aed-a469-7c184c9f20d8

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Feb 17, 2020
  4. why did an MS update just install Web Companion and Bing without asking??

web companion uodate

My computer asks for web companion update every time i start my system. it is occurring since last 3 days. Please tell me is it a virus? if yes the why has windows defender countered it?

ThakurAbhishekSingh, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

why did an MS update just install Web Companion and Bing without asking??

1. why did an MS update just install Web Companion and Bing without asking?? - Similar Threads - why did update

2. Why did Windows update just ask me to reinstall Windows 11???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Windows update just ask me to reinstall Windows 11???: Just got an update today and after the updater restarted my computer, I get a lovely Windows installer menu!?!?I could not boot to Windows but yet it wants me to reinstall Windows all over again!!!So, I did. And NOW!I could get into settings after Windows finish installing....
  3. Why did Windows update just ask me to reinstall Windows 11???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Windows update just ask me to reinstall Windows 11???: Just got an update today and after the updater restarted my computer, I get a lovely Windows installer menu!?!?I could not boot to Windows but yet it wants me to reinstall Windows all over again!!!So, I did. And NOW!I could get into settings after Windows finish installing....
  4. Web companion related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web companion related: Can you tell me why my antivirus detects web companion.com as a virus domain. Is it really virus. I think it is not virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-companion-related/982a351a-6517-45ec-85dc-45c90d0f3381
  5. Web companion related

Web companion related: Can you tell me why my antivirus detects web companion.com as a virus domain. Is it really virus. I think it is not virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-companion-related/982a351a-6517-45ec-85dc-45c90d0f3381
  6. Charged for MS Office 365 without asking

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Charged for MS Office 365 without asking: I recently decided to take the MS Office 365 free trial I soon found that it was much more than I needed and left it at that, today I received an email saying: Thanks for your Office 365 Home subscription. Your subscription was successfully charged on Tuesday, March 24,...
  7. lavasoft web companion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lavasoft web companion: lavasoft web companion found its way onto laptop .dont know how but i cant find it in programmes and features to remove it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/lavasoft-web-companion/301479c0-de25-4438-82ca-1e5c93ffa240
  8. Web Companion

Web Companion: How can I get rid of Web Companion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_scanner-protect_scanning-windows_7/web-companion/d9216f29-d31a-418f-9c01-dd8f39819beb
  9. remover web companion

remover web companion: Co remover web companion, que apesar de eu não permitir a instalação, não consigo removê-lo do meu note. Não sei como apareceu e vi que não faz parte das atualizações do win10...
  10. Where do Bing, Bonjour, and Web Companion come from..................

Where do Bing, Bonjour, and Web Companion come from..................: .... and just how do they get in to Windows so easily despite the presence of AV software? Is there any way to prevent these unwelcome guests? 103571