Windows 10: Why did Edge delete all of my save data out of nowhere?

Discus and support Why did Edge delete all of my save data out of nowhere? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Especially this week, Edge just keeps deleting my save data. Let's say I log on to a website. However, at some points when I close the window for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Judi Helm, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Judi Helm Win User

Why did Edge delete all of my save data out of nowhere?

Especially this week, Edge just keeps deleting my save data. Let's say I log on to a website. However, at some points when I close the window for a couple of minutes, it automatically logs me off of that website. Even on websites that are known to keep you logged on, it logs me off. I also check my search history, but it seems like that is cleared, too. To put it simply, Edge deleted all of my data without my consent. I try my best to be careful, but even when I am, it deletes my data.

:)

Judi Helm, Mar 20, 2023

2. Saving form data in Edge

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to clear the cache from Edge and check if the issue persist.

1. Open Edge browser.

2. On the top right corner click on the
    three dots

3. Then below click on
    Settings

4. Under
    clear browsing data

5. Tap or click on
    Choose what to clear

6. From the list check
    cached data and files, browsing history

7. And click on
    clear.

After this I suggest you to go to the settings -> advanced settings -> then click
    turn off the option save form entries close edge -> again open
    edge go to same option and turn on “save form
    entries“ and check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Why did Edge delete all of my save data out of nowhere?

Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge

Thank you Paulo, That worked splendidly! You explained the steps very succinctly.

klaro 1590, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Why did Edge delete all of my save data out of nowhere?

1. Why did Edge delete all of my save data out of nowhere? - Similar Threads - Why did Edge

2. Why did Edge delete all of my save data out of nowhere?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Edge delete all of my save data out of nowhere?: Especially this week, Edge just keeps deleting my save data. Let's say I log on to a website. However, at some points when I close the window for a couple of minutes, it automatically logs me off of that website. Even on websites that are known to keep you logged on, it logs...
  3. Why did Edge delete all of my save data out of nowhere?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did Edge delete all of my save data out of nowhere?: Especially this week, Edge just keeps deleting my save data. Let's say I log on to a website. However, at some points when I close the window for a couple of minutes, it automatically logs me off of that website. Even on websites that are known to keep you logged on, it logs...
  4. My local user just got deleted out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My local user just got deleted out of nowhere.: What is this ****?!So, The last time I opened my PC was yesterday, Running the latest version of windows 10, No viruses, I scan it DAILY.I open my PC and BAM, Temporary user, My user folder on the C:/Users is gone?What the ****, The only thing I did was just watch Youtube,...
  5. My local user just got deleted out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My local user just got deleted out of nowhere.: What is this ****?!So, The last time I opened my PC was yesterday, Running the latest version of windows 10, No viruses, I scan it DAILY.I open my PC and BAM, Temporary user, My user folder on the C:/Users is gone?What the ****, The only thing I did was just watch Youtube,...
  6. My local user just got deleted out of nowhere.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Why isn’t Edge deleting browsing sync data?

in Browsers and Email
    Why isn’t Edge deleting browsing sync data?: Im trying to delete browsing sync data in Edge from Microsoft, so I go to edge://settings/profiles/sync and click Reset Sync at the bottom. (all this as per article Reset Microsoft Edge data | Microsoft Docs). ..it doesnt work, I can still see my history and searches in...
  8. Why did one drive delete all my files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did one drive delete all my files.: Thankfully I made a Local back up of my source code. Please would somebody at Microsoft tell me why, when i canceled OneDrive that i didn't ask for back upin the middle of it to save on bandwidth did it delete all my local files resulting an incomplete backup, resulting in...
  9. Deleted all data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted all data: During dual booting of Ubuntu i accidentally formatted my older os which is windows 10 with my personal data . Is it possible to recover windows 10 with my personal data? Please help...
  10. I use Firefox as a browser. Why did all my documents that were saved on Firefox NOW ON EDGE?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I use Firefox as a browser. Why did all my documents that were saved on Firefox NOW ON EDGE?: This update must have been done fairly recently. All if a sudden (a few weeks ago), I've had to change my DEFAULT BROWSER to Firefox with every document I've opened. I opened one of the documents today (IT opened with the EDGE BROWSER). Then I tried to re-open it AFTER...