Windows 10: Why did everything get wiped suddenly?

Discus and support Why did everything get wiped suddenly? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to log into my Windows 10 PC after I came home. I turned it on this morning and it worked well like it always does. When I turned it on after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DylanPrice1, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Why did everything get wiped suddenly?

I tried to log into my Windows 10 PC after I came home. I turned it on this morning and it worked well like it always does. When I turned it on after I came home, it said it had trouble signing into my account, and when I put in my PIN, almost all the files I had were wiped and I can't find them. I looked at the storage left and I have the same amount of files, but I don't know where they are. Now I think I just lost thousands of memories and stuff I've been saving since 2021. I really don't want that to be the case, and I really hope there's a fix for it.

:)

DylanPrice1, Feb 21, 2024

2. URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Pixie Win User

Why did everything get wiped suddenly?

Wipe and install Win 7

I am beyond happy with this OS, and wish to install Win 7 wiping Win 10, can someone offer me a step by step guide please

Pixie, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Why did everything get wiped suddenly?

1. Why did everything get wiped suddenly? - Similar Threads - Why did everything

2. Why did everything get wiped suddenly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did everything get wiped suddenly?: I tried to log into my Windows 10 PC after I came home. I turned it on this morning and it worked well like it always does. When I turned it on after I came home, it said it had trouble signing into my account, and when I put in my PIN, almost all the files I had were wiped...
  3. Why did everything get wiped suddenly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did everything get wiped suddenly?: I tried to log into my Windows 10 PC after I came home. I turned it on this morning and it worked well like it always does. When I turned it on after I came home, it said it had trouble signing into my account, and when I put in my PIN, almost all the files I had were wiped...
  4. Tried to start windows 10 in safe mode but it reset Pc and wiped everything instead why did...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tried to start windows 10 in safe mode but it reset Pc and wiped everything instead why did...: I wondered if any one has had this happen and if there is some kind of bug in windows.I was installing a driver for track pad on my laptop. I definitely downloaded and installed correct driver from manufacturers website.After installing driver, tackpad worked fine, but...
  5. Tried to start windows 10 in safe mode but it reset Pc and wiped everything instead why did...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried to start windows 10 in safe mode but it reset Pc and wiped everything instead why did...: I wondered if any one has had this happen and if there is some kind of bug in windows.I was installing a driver for track pad on my laptop. I definitely downloaded and installed correct driver from manufacturers website.After installing driver, tackpad worked fine, but...
  6. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything: I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!...
  7. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything: I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!...
  8. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My Laptop Windows 8.1 Suddenly Wiped Everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Windows 8.1 Suddenly Wiped Everything.: Hello guys! I am in a big trouble now. I am a programmer. I worked with my HP 250 laptop Windows 8.1 through the night and I decided to take a short nap and off the system for few hours.I came back, switched on the laptop, and discovered everything is gone. I mean, both the...
  10. My Laptop Windows 8.1 Suddenly Wiped Everything.

My Laptop Windows 8.1 Suddenly Wiped Everything.: Hello guys! I am in a big trouble now. I am a programmer. I worked with my HP 250 laptop Windows 8.1 through the night and I decided to take a short nap and off the system for few hours.I came back, switched on the laptop, and discovered everything is gone. I mean, both the...