Windows 10: Why did i get a enter "challenge passphrase" message when all i did was turn on pc and let...

Discus and support Why did i get a enter "challenge passphrase" message when all i did was turn on pc and let... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just turned on pc and let it sit on log in window without any log in attempts. I was sitting at my desk the whole time just on my phone when about 20... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by chrisbob101, May 8, 2022.

1. Why did i get a enter "challenge passphrase" message when all i did was turn on pc and let...

I just turned on pc and let it sit on log in window without any log in attempts. I was sitting at my desk the whole time just on my phone when about 20 min later i decided to try to log in when i noticed it said to many failed log in attempts, use challenge passphrase. How could there be a message of too many failed log in attempts when there was none?

:)

chrisbob101, May 8, 2022
  2. Tats_too Win User

Challenge phase requested on every start up

Hi, someone tried to access my computer a couple of weeks ago now and I am now getting asked to complete a challenge phase every time I start up before I can enter my pin.

The fix was listed as ...

1. Press Windows key + R to launch the Run command.
    2. Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    3. On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    4. Click Apply.
    5. Type your Password twice and click OK.
    6. Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    7. Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

However maybe as I am administrator I am not being offered the option to uncheck users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tats_too, May 8, 2022
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Challenge phrase requested on every boot up

Hello,

Just to verify, can you tell us the build version of your Windows operating system? In the mean time, what we can suggest is to disable the log-in screen and re-enable it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run
      command.
    • Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply.
    • Type your Password twice and click OK.
    • Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    • Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, May 8, 2022
  4. Why did i get a enter "challenge passphrase" message when all i did was turn on pc and let...

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 8, 2022
Thema:

Why did i get a enter "challenge passphrase" message when all i did was turn on pc and let...

1. Why did i get a enter "challenge passphrase" message when all i did was turn on pc and let... - Similar Threads - Why did enter

2. why did i get charged for $100

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did i get charged for $100: my bank account has a pending charge for $100 from a microsoft 365 bill and i do not pay for microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-i-get-charged-for-100/20f6727b-012e-4b70-9295-9dea057ba0bd
  3. why did i get charged for $100

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did i get charged for $100: my bank account has a pending charge for $100 from a microsoft 365 bill and i do not pay for microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-i-get-charged-for-100/20f6727b-012e-4b70-9295-9dea057ba0bd
  4. Why did i get a enter "challenge passphrase" message when all i did was turn on pc and let...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did i get a enter "challenge passphrase" message when all i did was turn on pc and let...: I just turned on pc and let it sit on log in window without any log in attempts. I was sitting at my desk the whole time just on my phone when about 20 min later i decided to try to log in when i noticed it said to many failed log in attempts, use challenge passphrase. How...
  5. Why did i get a enter "challenge passphrase" message when all i did was turn on pc and let...

Why did i get a enter "challenge passphrase" message when all i did was turn on pc and let...: I just turned on pc and let it sit on log in window without any log in attempts. I was sitting at my desk the whole time just on my phone when about 20 min later i decided to try to log in when i noticed it said to many failed log in attempts, use challenge passphrase. How...
  6. why did i get : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why did i get : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?: So i was using the computer this morning and my computer crashed again. it says that On Mon 10/11/2021 6:36:18 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101121-9421-01.dmpThis was probably caused by the following module:...
  7. why did i get : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did i get : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?: So i was using the computer this morning and my computer crashed again. it says that On Mon 10/11/2021 6:36:18 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101121-9421-01.dmpThis was probably caused by the following module:...
  8. why did i get : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?

9. Why did I get this when the network troubleshooted finished?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did I get this when the network troubleshooted finished?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lolmohitmvp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jae8j1/why_did_i_get_this_when_the_network/
  10. Why did i get banned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did i get banned?: All right i would like to know how i got banned for abuse like how do u abuse someone in a game by killing them thats the point of the game. And i some how threatened someone i would like to see or hear some of thing i said or did to get banned. Thank u...