Windows 10: Why did I get my wife's work files when I am using a different computer that isn't...

Discus and support Why did I get my wife's work files when I am using a different computer that isn't... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I randomly got my wife's work files to my computer. My wife's work PC is connected at work and isn't connected to my network/internet. When I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SniperDragon06, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Why did I get my wife's work files when I am using a different computer that isn't...

So I randomly got my wife's work files to my computer. My wife's work PC is connected at work and isn't connected to my network/internet. When I somehow received her files on my desktop yesterday, I put her files in the recycling bin on my computer and it mimicked her files on her computer into the recycling bin as well. Whenever I make a file or folder on my desktop, she can see it on her computer. Why is my computer connected to her computer and how do I stop this?

:)

SniperDragon06, Jan 28, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Why did I get my wife's work files when I am using a different computer that isn't...

my microphone isn t working

Hi Alexandra,

You may experience problems with a device due to an issue with its driver or the hardware device itself. To narrow down the issue, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you currently running? To check your build, go to
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Have you tried using the microphone on a different computer?
    • Have you tried using a different microphone?

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Why did I get my wife's work files when I am using a different computer that isn't...

1. Why did I get my wife's work files when I am using a different computer that isn't... - Similar Threads - Why did wife's

2. Why am I getting bsod with different causes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting bsod with different causes?: Hello,Since a few days I have started getting bsod out of nowhere. On the blue screen, it displays various errors such as hypervisor error, page fault in non-paged area, system service exception etc etc. I have tried some solutions from the internet such as the sfc and dism...
  3. Why am I getting bsod with different causes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting bsod with different causes?: Hello,Since a few days I have started getting bsod out of nowhere. On the blue screen, it displays various errors such as hypervisor error, page fault in non-paged area, system service exception etc etc. I have tried some solutions from the internet such as the sfc and dism...
  4. Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?: Sometime in the last month or two, File Explorer in Win 11 went from auto sorting as you made changes to files in a window, to only properly sorting the window if you leave it and then return. Another changed seems to be that you no longer can use the path bar to move files...
  5. Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?: Sometime in the last month or two, File Explorer in Win 11 went from auto sorting as you made changes to files in a window, to only properly sorting the window if you leave it and then return. Another changed seems to be that you no longer can use the path bar to move files...
  6. Why am I getting McAfee ads when I don't use their Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting McAfee ads when I don't use their Services: I have the McAfee app downloaded on my computer it came with the computer and I continually get ads and popups even though I don't pay nor use the app. I've never even opened it. How do I shut these off, or is McAfee using PUPs now?_DIST4NT...
  7. Why do i see my documents when I am logged into my wife's personal account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why do i see my documents when I am logged into my wife's personal account: I have Microsoft 365. I sent an email as instructed to my wife's computer and enrolled her as a personnel account, not as Family. She has her own log in for her email and Microsoft. When I look in File Explorer on her computer I see all my files. In One Drive settings she is...
  8. Add my wife to use this computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Add my wife to use this computer.: I accidentally entered my wife's email as administrator when I was trying to add her to use this computer. How can I change it back to myself and grant her access to this computer?...
  9. Can I use a clone of my drive in my wife's computer??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use a clone of my drive in my wife's computer??: I just put a SSD in my computer and the difference was pretty dramatic. I tried to do the same with my wife's, but her partitians were laid out oddly and wouldn't transfer, so I had to make one much smaller. It had to reboot to do that, and when it did, Windows simultaneously...
  10. BSOD twice when wifes is using computer !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD twice when wifes is using computer !: AS stated its done it wife when wife's been using machine, i dont think she doing anything exciting facebook i would guess.I have troubles with firefox it just stops responding, i disabled the sound card and its not done this for a few days now.Any help would be appreciated...