Windows 10: Why did I get told "you and other peole signed in can lose unsaved work" when shutting down...

Discus and support Why did I get told "you and other peole signed in can lose unsaved work" when shutting down... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm between jobs and actively looking. I was about to go to the grocery store, the bank, the post office, and a few other errands and had shut off my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SlickRCBD, Feb 15, 2022.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

Why did I get told "you and other peole signed in can lose unsaved work" when shutting down...

I'm between jobs and actively looking. I was about to go to the grocery store, the bank, the post office, and a few other errands and had shut off my computers when I got a call from a recruiter. Almost every time they ask me to "send me your updated resume" which I can't figure out since my resume doesn't change until I get a job. Other times they want me to respond to a "right to represent" e-mail. So I turned the computer on. However the conversation concluded before I could sign in and I didn't need to take further action, so I decided to turn the computer back off.To my surprise, since it

:)

SlickRCBD, Feb 15, 2022

2. Someone else is still using this pc. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work

Dear Sir / Madam,

I get this message on shut down............

Someone else is still using this pc. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work

Please could you let me know why this is ?

Regards,

Chris Lawton

ChrisLawton1, Feb 15, 2022
  3. Error: "you or anyone else using this pc will lose unsaved work side to shut down your pc" on Windows 10

my surface 3

always show out like that

you or anyone else using this pc will lose unsaved work

side to shut down your pc

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original title: shut down

jiahui2014, Feb 15, 2022
  4. Why did I get told "you and other peole signed in can lose unsaved work" when shutting down...

Windows 10 does not sign users out when shutting down or restarting PC

Using Windows 10 Pro 1706.

Two users on PC.

When shutting down or restarting, Windows does not sign the user out. Get warning message "Someone else is still using the PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work." FYI, Task manager shows the User Status of that someone else as "Disconnected."

It seems only logical that when one user shuts down the PC that that user would be signed out. We can go through extra steps of signing out and then shutdown the PC from the Windows logon screen but I don't know anyone who would think that it's an user
    friendly process.

What gives???

pragmaticron, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

Why did I get told "you and other peole signed in can lose unsaved work" when shutting down...

1. Why did I get told "you and other peole signed in can lose unsaved work" when shutting down... - Similar Threads - Why did told

2. Why did my laptop shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my laptop shut down?: When I choose the restart option, it instead shut it self down? Odd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-my-laptop-shut-down/21f26f24-2bce-4b69-b353-d56e4df4786b
  3. Why did my laptop shut down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did my laptop shut down?: When I choose the restart option, it instead shut it self down? Odd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-my-laptop-shut-down/21f26f24-2bce-4b69-b353-d56e4df4786b
  4. Why did my laptop shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work....: When I decide to shut down my computer it shows like this Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work.Shut down anywayWhat does mean that there is any problems with my Microsoft account.?...
  6. Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work....

Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work....: When I decide to shut down my computer it shows like this Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work.Shut down anywayWhat does mean that there is any problems with my Microsoft account.?...
  7. Why did I get told "you and other peole signed in can lose unsaved work" when shutting down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did I get told "you and other peole signed in can lose unsaved work" when shutting down...: I'm between jobs and actively looking. I was about to go to the grocery store, the bank, the post office, and a few other errands and had shut off my computers when I got a call from a recruiter. Almost every time they ask me to "send me your updated resume" which I can't...
  8. Why did I get told "you and other peole signed in can lose unsaved work" when shutting down...

Why did I get told "you and other peole signed in can lose unsaved work" when shutting down...: I'm between jobs and actively looking. I was about to go to the grocery store, the bank, the post office, and a few other errands and had shut off my computers when I got a call from a recruiter. Almost every time they ask me to "send me your updated resume" which I can't...
  9. Windows 10 restarts PC when told to shut down, other OSes don't?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 restarts PC when told to shut down, other OSes don't?: As the title says, when I click shutdown in Windows 10, the computer eventually shuts off, but then right when the LED on the front of the PC goes dark, the system boots back up. I dualboot with Linux and macOS, neither of which exhibit this behavior, they just shut down as...
  10. Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, I remain perplexed about this one issue that is plaguing my system: Almost every shut down is reported in the Windows 10 Reliability Monitor as the computer was not shut down properly. This happens on both shut downs and restarts using...