Windows 10: why did I lose my photos when my laptop was upgraded

Discus and support why did I lose my photos when my laptop was upgraded in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when i was upgraded I lot my photos. What should I do???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mariannesnooks, Jan 17, 2022.

1. why did I lose my photos when my laptop was upgraded

when i was upgraded I lot my photos. What should I do???

:)

mariannesnooks, Jan 17, 2022
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jan 17, 2022
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done why did I lose my photos when my laptop was upgraded :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Remon Ont Win User

why did I lose my photos when my laptop was upgraded

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

why did I lose my photos when my laptop was upgraded

1. why did I lose my photos when my laptop was upgraded - Similar Threads - why did lose

2. So why did Notepad just lose my stuff???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So why did Notepad just lose my stuff???: Hi AllSo I have a question before about "new" Notepad and how it is extremely UN-user friendly by opening multiple tabs and the like. So I changed the setting, saw that I had two versions of the same notepad document open. Saved the updated one and closed the otherNext time I...
  3. Why did my gaming PC lose performance for no reason?

Why did my gaming PC lose performance for no reason?: I've only had this PC for 5 months until yesterday my PC Suddenly lost its performance. Now I'm getting less FPS than i used to have. I've already tried updating my bios and my drivers and it still didn't help.Here are my specs:CPU: Intel i5-10400FGPU: RTX 3070 Ti Asus...
  4. Why did this happen to my laptop

Why did this happen to my laptop: Ok so i was just watching youtube when command prompt showed up it was like system32.exe and like was instanly using commands when i closed it i was scared but then it popped up multiple times then i just shutdown the computer im scared is my computer not safe is it a bug i...
  5. Why did this happen to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did this happen to my laptop: Ok so i was just watching youtube when command prompt showed up it was like system32.exe and like was instanly using commands when i closed it i was scared but then it popped up multiple times then i just shutdown the computer im scared is my computer not safe is it a bug i...
  6. Why did this happen to my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why did I lose disk capacity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did I lose disk capacity?: So when I went into Windows one day and realised there was something wrong, I decided to reinstall Windows.After doing that, I ran into something...My disk allowance had gotten lower!It isn't just "Oh just delete some files"The storage space on my disk had been cut!My disk...
  8. Why did I lose disk capacity?

Why did I lose disk capacity?: So when I went into Windows one day and realised there was something wrong, I decided to reinstall Windows.After doing that, I ran into something...My disk allowance had gotten lower!It isn't just "Oh just delete some files"The storage space on my disk had been cut!My disk...
  9. why did I lose my photos when my laptop was upgraded

why did I lose my photos when my laptop was upgraded: when i was upgraded I lot my photos. What should I do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-i-lose-my-photos-when-my-laptop-was/fdb98dde-b30b-4868-bc3c-465e9f1715ab
  10. why did I lose my photos when my laptop was upgraded

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why did I lose my photos when my laptop was upgraded: when i was upgraded I lot my photos. What should I do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-i-lose-my-photos-when-my-laptop-was/fdb98dde-b30b-4868-bc3c-465e9f1715ab