Windows 10: why did microsoft add a search bar in the middle of the desktop

Discus and support why did microsoft add a search bar in the middle of the desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LionGodKrraw [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LionGodKrraw, Apr 21, 2023.

1. why did microsoft add a search bar in the middle of the desktop

/u/LionGodKrraw, Apr 21, 2023
  2. Menemsha Win User

Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one

Running Windows 10.
    Not familiar with terminology but since having a bug cleared from computer, now when I click the Google Chrome icon on bottom task bar it takes me to google.com.au Then I have to click the + icon at the top to take me to New Tab with blank google search bar at top and the middle with my favourites listed across the top and in the middle.
    In other words two steps instead of one.

I can't figure out how to get to what I had originally with all my favourites listed at first click.

Can someone help me please.
    Thanks

Menemsha, Apr 21, 2023
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 21, 2023
  4. why did microsoft add a search bar in the middle of the desktop

How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 21, 2023
Thema:

why did microsoft add a search bar in the middle of the desktop

1. why did microsoft add a search bar in the middle of the desktop - Similar Threads - why did microsoft

2. Microsoft store search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store search bar: so whenever i open Microsoft store the search bar doesn't appear even after restarting it doesn't i am completely unable to search anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-search-bar/98482309-692b-448d-9cd4-2f749138b2ed
  3. Microsoft store search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store search bar: so whenever i open Microsoft store the search bar doesn't appear even after restarting it doesn't i am completely unable to search anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-search-bar/98482309-692b-448d-9cd4-2f749138b2ed
  4. Why is my search bar in the task bar not working ?

Why is my search bar in the task bar not working ?: My search bar in the task bar is not working. Also, I am facing a problem during google meet while sharing my screen it hangs and neither it maximizes nor minimizes. Even windows remain the same but conversation stopes. Can you help why is this happening. Recently I noticed a...
  5. Why is search bar not accepting text?

Why is search bar not accepting text?: Search bar and touch keyboard is not accepting text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-search-bar-not-accepting-text/4d91ad28-26b8-4436-b30a-4bb817f424e9
  6. Did anyone else's search bar change?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did anyone else's search bar change?: It was fine earlier today. But now three hours later after turning my computer off, I turned it back on and now it's changed. It has recent apps on the right side. And news stories and weather on the left. Is this a bug? submitted by /u/ctilvolover23 [link] [comments]...
  7. Why did you guys remove the filter in the search bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did you guys remove the filter in the search bar in file explorer?: before the latest microsoft update, when you searched something in the search bar in the files explorer, e.g. in "search pictures", it would limit the amount of pictures to what you searched. After the latest update, you guys decided to remove this feature and this makes it...
  8. How to add search bar into taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add search bar into taskbar?: Hi everyone,I want to add searchbar into taskbar.Here is an example. [img] 46837
  9. Cortanna search bar opening in the middle of screen. How to fix this.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortanna search bar opening in the middle of screen. How to fix this.: Hi, I've got a lenovo yoga 3 laptop and have been using windows 10 for about a year on my laptop. About 2 weeks ago my cortana search bar by the windows tab which when I would normally click on it would simply just open up the pop-up box. However now, whenever I click it, the...
  10. Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), you might see your search bar and your address bar combined into a single bar. New installs of Firefox Quantum will see this unified bar. If you prefer separate...