Windows 10: Why did Microsoft release the October 2018 update when it is clearly not ready?

Discus and support Why did Microsoft release the October 2018 update when it is clearly not ready? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is the first update that is causing me significant issues. Network drives are completely inaccessible, my machine turns into a space heater from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LuigiPlayer64, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Why did Microsoft release the October 2018 update when it is clearly not ready?

This is the first update that is causing me significant issues. Network drives are completely inaccessible, my machine turns into a space heater from ridiculous CPU usage, and overheats to the point where all of my programs freeze, and task manager is also inaccessible. when this happens, the only way to stop it is with a hard shutdown. I have rolled back, no problems, reinstalled update, exact same problems return. this is horrible. I have work that I have had to repeatedly do over because of this. this issue is replicated on my PC at work, which i had to block windows update with GPedit to prevent installation of the update AHEM...(downdate). this issue needs to be addressed by Microsoft. I have left feedback in feedback hub as well.

Windows 10, version 1809, Build 17763.134

AMD Athlon II x2, M300, 2.1 GHZ, virtualization enabled, 4 cores.

8 GB DDR2 RAM, 500 GB HDD

:)

LuigiPlayer64, Nov 25, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused

The Windows 1809 fix was released to insiders on October 9, 2018 according to this Microsoft publication:

Updated version of Windows 10 October 2018 Update released to Windows Insiders - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog

Code:
    Code:
    We have fully investigated all reports of data loss, identified and  fixed all known issues in the update, and conducted internal  validation.  Also, Microsoft Support and our retail stores customer  service personnel are available at no charge to help customers. More  details are available below.   Today we take the next step towards the re-release of the  Windows 10 October 2018 Update by providing the updated version to our  Windows Insider community.  We will carefully study the results,  feedback, and diagnostic data from our Insiders before taking additional  steps towards re-releasing more broadly.

Feedback Hub introduces ability to indicate severity of issues - Windows Insider

zbook, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    October 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release

Source: October 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release Office Updates

Why did Microsoft release the October 2018 update when it is clearly not ready? [​IMG]
    Tip Latest Office Updates for Windows

Brink, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Why did Microsoft release the October 2018 update when it is clearly not ready?

Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for October 2018

Release Notes
    October 2018 Security Updates
    Release Date: October 09, 2018

The October security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ChakraCore
    • .NET Core
    • SQL Server Management Studio
    • Microsoft Exchange Server
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• Customers runnning Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 need to ensure they have Servicing Stack Update (SSU) 3177467 installed before installing the October 2018 security updates, to avoid a failure to install. See

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 3177467
      for more information about this SSU.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the

Microsoft Update Catalog
    • Starting in March 2017, a delta package will be available on the Microsoft Update Catalog for Windows 10 version 1607 and newer. This delta package contains just the delta changes between the previous month and the current release.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.

Known Issues

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Why did Microsoft release the October 2018 update when it is clearly not ready?

1. Why did Microsoft release the October 2018 update when it is clearly not ready? - Similar Threads - Why did Microsoft

2. October 2018 Pro Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  3. Why doesn't Windows 10 update to the October 2018 Update?

Why doesn't Windows 10 update to the October 2018 Update?: I help about 20 people with any problems they have with Windows 10 computers. More and more I am being asked "Why doesn’t it Update to the October 2018 Update?" They are worried that the April 2019 Update is less than 2 months away and they don't understand why theirs do not...
  4. Windows 10 October 2018 Update Build 17763.167 released to Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update Build 17763.167 released to Insiders: Earlier this month, Microsoft released Windows 10 Build 17763.165 (KB4469342) to the Insiders in the Release Preview Ring. Today, the modified package of KB4469342 is rolling out to the same group of Insiders. This updated version of KB4469342 will bump the system to Build...
  5. Re-Release of Windows 10 October Update 2018

Re-Release of Windows 10 October Update 2018: I installed the original / earlier version of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update with all the ‘issues’ associated with it. Will the Re-Release automatically be applied to my PC, even though (as mentioned above) I’ve already installed the original version? Want to ensure I...
  6. Window update october 2018, 1809- Did not get it yet

Window update october 2018, 1809- Did not get it yet: Today is 16th October, i haven't yet received the feature update. I did troubleshooting, sfc and everything. But i have not recieved it yet. While other have received it. Why?? It always tells my windows is upto date whenever i check manually. Plus i dont have option to...
  7. October 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    October 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: October 2018 updates for Microsoft Office Applies to: Office Professional 2016, Office Professional Plus 2016, Office Standard 2016, Office Home and Student 2016, Office Home and Business 2016, Skype for Business 2016, Word 2016, Excel 2016, Outlook 2016, PowerPoint 2016,...
  8. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  9. October 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release

in Windows 10 News
    October 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release: Listed below are the non-security updates we released on the Download Center and Microsoft Update today. See the linked KB articles for more information. Office 2013 Update for Microsoft Project 2013 (KB4022227) Update for Skype for Business 2015 (KB4461446) Update for...
  10. .NET Core October 2018 Update now released

in Windows 10 News
    .NET Core October 2018 Update now released: Today, we are releasing the .NET Core October 2018 Update. This update includes .NET Core 2.1.5 and .NET Core SDK 2.1.403 and contains important reliability fixes. Getting the Update The latest .NET Core updates are available on the .NET Core download page. This update is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is the re-release of 1809available