Windows 10: Why did Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan

Discus and support Why did Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't understand why Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan? In previous versions it was Pashto Afghanistan with standard Pashto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AjmalStanikzai, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Why did Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan

I don't understand why Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan? In previous versions it was Pashto Afghanistan with standard Pashto Keyboard. Now it is Pashto Pakistan with Urdu based Keyboard. Those who use Pashto almost all use Pashto Afghanistan yet Microsoft makes it difficult for them. It is not only a move backward but a stupid/racist one. In Afghanistan Pashto is used from government to private sector and it is the national language of Afghanistan One of the two. In Pakistan Pashto is not even a second or a third language. Importance/Popularity wise it is

:)

AjmalStanikzai, Nov 29, 2021

2. The Pashto Afghanistan/ Pashto Pakistan Language is got wrong update in almost all Windows Versions!

Hello Microsoft

I'm writing this question direct to the highest level managers at Microsoft, about recent update of almost all version of Windows with faulty and wrong Pashto language update.

I use Windows 10 enterprise edition in my giant desktop pc, which may act as a server in the future, and I use Windows 10 Pro edition in my laptop, as a native Pashto speaker I use both English and Pashto keyboards, it used to work awesome for me, but recent
    update made me so nerves, because I don't see the biggest fact in Windows about Pashto Afghanistan language anymore, it looks like you have got false information from any source may be even from Afghan officials about the fact ((The Pashto Afghanistan)) language,
    It looks you have removed Pashto language from Afghanistan region (country) to Pakistan, when I click on Windows settings in windows 10 and then click on language, add a language, when I type in Afghanistan, I only see Persian (Afghanistan) and Uzbek (Perso-Arabic,
    Afghanistan) which are not right, the first official and National language of Afghanistan is Pashto which is spoken by (70-75)% of the Afghanistan population, Farsi is the language of Iran, Uzbek is the language of Uzbekistan, there are some percentage of
    Tajik and Uzbek tribes in Afghanistan but Afghan Tajik speaks Dari not Farsi, Afghan Uzbek speaks Uzbek language but their language is not officially recognized in Afghanistan, second official language of Afghanistan is Dari which is spoken by Tajik tribe
    in Afghanistan, so my suggestion to Microsoft is to assign Pashto Afghanistan, and Dari Afghanistan Languages to the Afghanistan region (country).

When I type in Pashto in language search box, Pashto (Pakistan) appears, which is good, I like it, because there are (25-30)% of the Pakistan population (about 60 Million) who speaks Pashto, I urge Microsoft to keep Pashto in Pakistan region as well to support
    60 Million Pashto speaker in Pakistan, so together Afghan Pashto speaker (about 25 Million) plus 60 Million Pashto speakers in Pakistan together 85 Million people really need Support from Microsoft and that is our right too.

I hope Microsoft will add Pashto back to Afghanistan region and keep Pashto in Pakistan region as well. thank you so much for your consideration.

Fazal Himat, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Spelling mistakes in Pashto regional settings in Windows Phone 8

Pashto language doesn't have an input method editor in Windows Phone 8 but there are regional format settings and "Browser & search language" for Pashto language. The regional format settings has many spelling mistakes. Month names are spelled wrong on atleast
    three places. Here's the screenshots for the ones that i could point out but there might be more.

http://techfried.net/temp/chingakh.PNG

http://techfried.net/temp/landay.PNG

http://techfried.net/temp/larama.PNG

I could possibly do a thorough spelling and grammar check if someone could confirm that these mistakes will be fixed.

thanks

techfried1, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Why did Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan

download and install offline language pack in windows 10

sir is Pashto language pack available and how can I get it

haseebullah jan, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Why did Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan

1. Why did Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan - Similar Threads - Why did Microsoft

2. Pashto Afghanistan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pashto Afghanistan: Hi Microsoft team, I have experienced recent change of Pashto Afghanistan language to Pashto Pakistan in new window 10 which is wired. The layout of Pashto language is not of the Pashto letter used to be plus Pashto is 1st and formal language in Afghanistan and 40+ million...
  3. Pashto Afghanistan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pashto Afghanistan: Hi Microsoft team, I have experienced recent change of Pashto Afghanistan language to Pashto Pakistan in new window 10 which is wired. The layout of Pashto language is not of the Pashto letter used to be plus Pashto is 1st and formal language in Afghanistan and 40+ million...
  4. Pashto Afghanistan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why did Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan: I don't understand why Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan? In previous versions it was Pashto Afghanistan with standard Pashto Keyboard. Now it is Pashto Pakistan with Urdu based Keyboard. Those who use Pashto almost all use Pashto Afghanistan yet...
  6. Why did Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan: I don't understand why Microsoft replaced Pashto Afghanistan with Pashto Pakistan? In previous versions it was Pashto Afghanistan with standard Pashto Keyboard. Now it is Pashto Pakistan with Urdu based Keyboard. Those who use Pashto almost all use Pashto Afghanistan yet...
  7. Why Pashto Afghanistan language is removed from Window 10? Release Pashto Afghanistan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Pashto Afghanistan language is removed from Window 10? Release Pashto Afghanistan: I was using Pashto Afghanistan Language in Windows XP, 8 and 10 but now I have bought a new PC in 2021where I want to add Pashto Afghanistan Keyboard Layout but it is not showing in the language list.There is only Pashto Pakistan which has a different keyboard layout. Pashto...
  8. Afghanistan Pashto is not Microsoft.

Afghanistan Pashto is not Microsoft.: Dear Microsoft team.We have noticed that Afghanistan Pashto has been removed from Microsoft windows 10 and Recently noticed that we are not able type in Microsoft Word with our language Afghanistan Pashto.Looking for your positive response with adding our my native language...
  9. Why is Pashto Afghanistan not in the list of languages?

Why is Pashto Afghanistan not in the list of languages?: I am searching for Pashto Afghanistan in the new version of Windows 10 and I can not find it, while the Pashto Afghanistan was there in the previous versions. Thanks,...
  10. The Pashto Afghanistan/ Pashto Pakistan Language is got wrong update in almost all Windows...

The Pashto Afghanistan/ Pashto Pakistan Language is got wrong update in almost all Windows...: Hello Microsoft I'm writing this question direct to the highest level managers at Microsoft, about recent update of almost all version of Windows with faulty and wrong Pashto language update. I use Windows 10 enterprise edition in my giant desktop pc, which may act as a...