Windows 10: Why did microsoft take out the open lid settings?

Discus and support Why did microsoft take out the open lid settings? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One thing that everybody expects when they purchase a laptop is that when they open the lid it turns on the laptop. Why in the world would you take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Demetrius Ford, May 25, 2024.

1. Why did microsoft take out the open lid settings?

One thing that everybody expects when they purchase a laptop is that when they open the lid it turns on the laptop. Why in the world would you take that settings out? This is the one thing that people buy a laptop for. Demetrius

:)

Demetrius Ford, May 25, 2024

2. Laptop does not wake from sleep using mouse and keyboard when the lid is close, but can wake when the lid is open.

Hi, so followed all of the instructions and these are my experiences:

• I tried to close the lid and do what you've said like pointing the cursor to recycle bin and it works, after i did the folder was open. However, this is because when I close the lid my laptop still not in sleep mode. So i waited for it to sleep and see the light blinking then i tried clicking and there was no response.
    • Then, I tried the clean boot. Step by step as per instructions but nothing works. Still experiencing the same problem. I'm really wondering why, now i connected the hdmi cable and working with the monitor "Second Screen Only". The laptop lid is open and everything is working properly, I close the lid and still working fine. I tried to put it asleep but the mouse or keyboard can't wake the screen. Then I tried the same set up, second screen only, then put it asleep while the lid is open. Touch the mouse and my laptop was wake immediately.

Gerald Manalo1, May 25, 2024
  3. How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

Hi,

We suggest you to check the Power Management settings in
    Device Manager
    if we can change the settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys to open the Run Command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc to open Device manager.
    • Expand the System devices list.
    • If you look through the listed devices, there should be an entry for your laptop's lid. Double-clicking this will open the
      Properties panel for your device.
    • Check if the Power Management tab is available.
    • Uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rafael Com, May 25, 2024
  4. Why did microsoft take out the open lid settings?

Lid setting does not recoginize power status change

We manage the policy to set the “When I close the lid:” setting on our laptops to "Sleep" on battery and "Do Nothing" on plugged in. In the basic scenarios, the results are expected:

• With the laptop plugged in, I closed the lid and re-opened. It was not in sleep mode.
    • With the laptop running on battery, I closed the lid and re-opened. It was in sleep mode.

However, with the laptop plugged in, I close the lid and then unplug the power cable to put it on battery and then opened the lid. It is not in sleep mode. Is this an issue with the Windows 10 power management, or is there
    a setting where this can be corrected?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

Ryan P. Dempsey, May 25, 2024
Thema:

Why did microsoft take out the open lid settings?

1. Why did microsoft take out the open lid settings? - Similar Threads - Why did microsoft

2. Why did microsoft take out the open lid settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did microsoft take out the open lid settings?: One thing that everybody expects when they purchase a laptop is that when they open the lid it turns on the laptop. Why in the world would you take that settings out? This is the one thing that people buy a laptop for. Demetrius...
  3. Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11: The Sleep setting within lid open action is missing on window 11 buildAny know a way to get this back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-open-settings-sleep-is-missing-on-windows-11/201921cd-d715-4cf7-98ce-9b18288f70dd
  4. Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11: The Sleep setting within lid open action is missing on window 11 buildAny know a way to get this back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-open-settings-sleep-is-missing-on-windows-11/201921cd-d715-4cf7-98ce-9b18288f70dd
  5. Why does it take 30+ minutes to open a Microsoft application?

Why does it take 30+ minutes to open a Microsoft application?: Ok, I have a Hp omen laptop with a 3070 and a Ryzen 7 processor, and Wi-Fi speeds around the 700 up and down. In short, it is a fast setup. Everything runs great except for Microsoft applications, specifically when signing in. Whenever I restart my computer, open the Xbox app...
  6. Why does Microsoft Word take so long to open?

Why does Microsoft Word take so long to open?: Hi, When i click on Microsoft Word, the "egg timer" thing runs for ages, before it opens. Why is this? Is it partly because i dont have a SSD? Or is it because i have malware in the laptop...slowing it up?
  7. Lid Open Action

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lid Open Action: Hi! My laptop is running on Windows 10 and it automatically turns on when I'm opening the lid. I've tried setting the lid open action to "Do nothing" but it still turns on when I'm opening the lid. I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!...
  8. Why did my pc open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did my pc open.: I was about to go to sleep when suddenly my pc opens up. It was shut down. It wasnt on sleep. Is this some kind of spyware or something? Or just windows 10 tripping submitted by /u/Volvodriver69 [link] [comments]...
  9. Change lid settings automatically when an app is open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change lid settings automatically when an app is open: Is it possible to change the lid settings automatically when an app is opened and changing them back when the app is closed? For example, if I open Spotify, I want my lid settings to automatically change to "do nothing" and change back to "sleep" when I close Spotify....
  10. Projector settings open with laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector settings open with laptop lid: So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to the center of the screen. Weird issue that I couldn't find a fix for. Well I just upgraded to Windows 10, now when I close and...