Windows 10: Why did MultiDigiMon.exe stop running with the last Windows Update?

Discus and support Why did MultiDigiMon.exe stop running with the last Windows Update? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In Windows 10.19042.630, Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0, when trying to run the MultiDigiMon.exe command as admin, which is the Multiple Digital Monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Craig R123, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Why did MultiDigiMon.exe stop running with the last Windows Update?

In Windows 10.19042.630, Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0, when trying to run the MultiDigiMon.exe command as admin, which is the Multiple Digital Monitor Touch Screen Mapping Tool, nothing happens. This is the case on a few different machines that I tried. It worked in September when I used it last.

Does anyone know why this is the case and if there is a workaround to map Multiple Digital Monitor Touch Screens in the case that you are using more than one?

Thank you

:)

Craig R123, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Dec 9, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Why did MultiDigiMon.exe stop running with the last Windows Update?

USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Why did MultiDigiMon.exe stop running with the last Windows Update?

1. Why did MultiDigiMon.exe stop running with the last Windows Update? - Similar Threads - Why did MultiDigiMon

2. Why did the last update eat my screen saver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did the last update eat my screen saver?: Why did last night's update eat my screen saver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-the-last-update-eat-my-screen-saver/1fa6708a-1b1b-4169-9651-703b24dd336d
  3. Why did the last update eat my screen saver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did the last update eat my screen saver?: Why did last night's update eat my screen saver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-the-last-update-eat-my-screen-saver/1fa6708a-1b1b-4169-9651-703b24dd336d
  4. why have no name .exe running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why have no name .exe running?: I usually use the habit of not installing pirated software, always keep the firewall and windows defender open.But one day when I shut down my computer, I found that my computer might be running a .exe file without a name, I tried to find the file from the job manager, but I...
  5. why have no name .exe running?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why have no name .exe running?: I usually use the habit of not installing pirated software, always keep the firewall and windows defender open.But one day when I shut down my computer, I found that my computer might be running a .exe file without a name, I tried to find the file from the job manager, but I...
  6. Installed a .exe, did not run it as it appears to be malware.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed a .exe, did not run it as it appears to be malware.: Hello!So recently I accidentally installed something from a sketchy website after a redirect. I installed something from there but once it was installed I did not run it and proceeded to remove it.When I right clicked it in the Downloads folder, the entire explorer.exe...
  7. Installed a .exe, did not run it as it appears to be malware.

Installed a .exe, did not run it as it appears to be malware.: Hello!So recently I accidentally installed something from a sketchy website after a redirect. I installed something from there but once it was installed I did not run it and proceeded to remove it.When I right clicked it in the Downloads folder, the entire explorer.exe...
  8. WHY DID THE LAST WINDOWS UPDATE ERASED EVERYTHING?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHY DID THE LAST WINDOWS UPDATE ERASED EVERYTHING?: Last night it started updating and today when I opened it, everything I had disappeared, my profiles, my folders and everything I had personalized, in addition to many apps like the simple calculator they left to function, the actualization has this number KB4497165...
  9. Why did Windows Defenders fail to stop the threats from running?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why did Windows Defenders fail to stop the threats from running?: I have already used Win10XPE to remove the threats shown in the attached screenshot. I just want to know why Windows Defender failed to stop the active threats from running on my device. When I clicked on "Action"-->"Remove", nothing happened, so I had to use Win10XPE, which...
  10. last update stopped program from running

last update stopped program from running: Update earlier today has caused e-sword not to run. I updated from 7 to 10 in oct or nov and had no problems running e-sword I ran repair, no help, I uninstalled and reinstalled, no help. Windows says has problem and will notify me of a solution, (yeah right.) 50431