Windows 10: Why did my computer need a bios recovery?

Discus and support Why did my computer need a bios recovery? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; During the middle of browsing online, my computer suddenly shut down saying "Oops, sorry we encountered an error". When it tried to power on, it kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tanpatrice, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Why did my computer need a bios recovery?

During the middle of browsing online, my computer suddenly shut down saying "Oops, sorry we encountered an error". When it tried to power on, it kept saying something about a hp bios recovery. After a numerous of failed attempts, it finally performed the bios recovery. My question is, why did it need a bios recover all of a sudden? My computer is back working normally now but what do I need to do to keep this from happening again in the future? Your help is greatly appreciated!

:)

tanpatrice, Mar 2, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 2, 2019
  3. After update computer boots to Bios screen

Hi Denise,

Automatic restart after an update may be caused by a hardware failure. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows and type "view advanced system settings".
    • Select View advanced system settings.
    • Under the Startup and Recovery section, click
      Settings.
    • Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to
      Automatically restart
      and click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Get back to us with the status of the issue.

Dennis Mop, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Why did my computer need a bios recovery?

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Why did my computer need a bios recovery?

1. Why did my computer need a bios recovery? - Similar Threads - Why did computer

2. Why did my computer erase programs and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my computer erase programs and settings?: About a month ago, my computer, using Windows 11 I think, started and was missing programs and settings, like what I pinned to my taskbar, and all the histories of programs.I think a government agency criminally did something, trying to track or frame me.I just want this...
  3. Why did my computer erase programs and settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my computer erase programs and settings?: About a month ago, my computer, using Windows 11 I think, started and was missing programs and settings, like what I pinned to my taskbar, and all the histories of programs.I think a government agency criminally did something, trying to track or frame me.I just want this...
  4. Why did windows deactivate when I updated my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did windows deactivate when I updated my BIOS?: I originally had a windows 10 digital license. A month or so ago I transferred it to a new computer using the "I changed hardware recently" option. On the new computer I updated to windows 11.I then started getting bluescreens. Looking through BIOS updated I found one of them...
  5. Why did windows deactivate when I updated my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did windows deactivate when I updated my BIOS?: I originally had a windows 10 digital license. A month or so ago I transferred it to a new computer using the "I changed hardware recently" option. On the new computer I updated to windows 11.I then started getting bluescreens. Looking through BIOS updated I found one of them...
  6. My Computer did a power recovery and put my computer to factory??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    My Computer did a power recovery and put my computer to factory??: I must have done something in error as my Yahoo emails started to delete "All emails" I immediately clicked cancel and forced a shutdown.. Usually this had no ill effects - Just "normal" start up afterwards. but this time something was not "normal" and it took a very long...
  7. Why did my computer restart last time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why did my computer restart last time?: I was in the middle of something and the computer just went Restarting... right in the middle. Why? 170650
  8. Brand New HP computer, BIOS recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New HP computer, BIOS recovery: I just bought a brand new HP computer and have only used it two or three times. Today when I turned it on there was a loud siren, a blue screen and words about BIOS recovery. I hit the power button several times. Finally it sounded like something was booting, and...
  9. Did my recovery disk finish or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did my recovery disk finish or not?: So my hard drive is getting very wonky, though still working, and I bought a new one. The laptop has Win 10; it originally came with Win 8 but I got the upgrade when it first came out. I've kept it updated except for the very newest one. Today I set up a recovery disk to...
  10. Why did my computer force a restart?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did my computer force a restart?: I just ran into the "Blue screen of death" where my computer suddenly ran into a problem and needed to restart. I checked the Reliability Monitor, but did not get an explanation. I can only assume it was because of the update I did the day before, but I can't be sure. Here...