Windows 10: Why did my computer restart last time?

Discus and support Why did my computer restart last time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was in the middle of something and the computer just went Restarting... right in the middle. Why? 170650 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danderson400, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Why did my computer restart last time?

I was in the middle of something and the computer just went Restarting... right in the middle. Why?

:)

danderson400, Dec 16, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why did my computer restart last time? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 16, 2020
  3. computer randomly restarts multiple times

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• When does the system exactly restart? Please elaborate.

• How did you upgraded to Windows 10 through Windows update or Windows 10 ISO?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

Method 1.

I suggest you to check the settings, if the automatic restart is set on the system.

• Open file explorer and click on Computer on the top pane.

• Click on System properties and click on
      Advanced system settings.

• Now click on Advanced tab and click on
      Settings
      button on Startup and Recovery option.

• Uncheck on Automatically restart.
    If the issue still persist try the below methods.

Method 2.

I suggest you to boot the system in Clean boot state and check if the issue still persist.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below link
    on how to perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 16, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Why did my computer restart last time?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Why did my computer restart last time?

1. Why did my computer restart last time? - Similar Threads - Why did computer

2. Why did CoPilot dissapear after restarting my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did CoPilot dissapear after restarting my computer?: Before restarting my computer, I had CoPilot in the taskbar and could use it. After restarting, it was gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-copilot-dissapear-after-restarting-my/5ef6e658-e854-4d55-97e8-f6df212eaae2
  3. Why did CoPilot dissapear after restarting my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did CoPilot dissapear after restarting my computer?: Before restarting my computer, I had CoPilot in the taskbar and could use it. After restarting, it was gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-copilot-dissapear-after-restarting-my/5ef6e658-e854-4d55-97e8-f6df212eaae2
  4. Why Did This pc restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Did This pc restart: Hii There.I was just try to install Windows 7 to windows 10..When I'm installing windows 10 in my PC. At the last stage on "starting up" my PC turn off becoz of electricity issue.When I try to open my pc again this stuck on "hello there" when I click next I saw WHY DID THIS...
  5. Why did My pc restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did My pc restart: I full formeted my pc and process is over after tht it started to restart again.. after a few time it's restart again saying that why did my pc restart and this process repeats again and again... Some time in the middle of this process pc home screen come but it's flickers...
  6. Why did my PC Restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did my PC Restart?: So I was performing a clean installation of Windows 10. And my PC Acer Aspier started restarting of times. Then it finally stopped restarting and this screen appeared. It said Why did My PC Restart? Does anyone have answers?[IMG]...
  7. Why did my computer force a restart?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did my computer force a restart?: I just ran into the "Blue screen of death" where my computer suddenly ran into a problem and needed to restart. I checked the Reliability Monitor, but did not get an explanation. I can only assume it was because of the update I did the day before, but I can't be sure. Here...
  8. Why did my pc restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why did my pc restart: Hello, my problem is that I reseted my pc (nit laptop), and after language, region and... Then It showed me this "Why did my pc restart„ I did qll tasks, but that did not help, what to do please help me!![IMG]...
  9. Why did my PC restart?

Why did my PC restart?: Doing a refresh install of a computer I dont have a install file other then what is on the PC. The keep your files version was tried first, but wasn't successful. The version of wipe files and re-install was tried only to be locked into "Why did my PC restart?". This is a...
  10. Why did my pc restart.

Why did my pc restart.: I tryed to restart my Windows 0 and after it was finished it took me to the languge and time and I did that then i clicked next and I waited and the pc restarted then i did it again but it said why did my pc restart, I did the rstarts that it told me to do then it restarted...