Windows 10: Why did my default text editor stop being associated with text files?

Discus and support Why did my default text editor stop being associated with text files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why did my default text editor stop being associated with text files? Text files now have no default association. When I click on them, they open in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BryanHord, Nov 27, 2018.

1. BryanHord Win User

Why did my default text editor stop being associated with text files?

Text files now have no default association. When I click on them, they open in notepad instead of the text editor that usually use, NoteTab. I have been using the same editor for a long time. I did not have this problem a week ago.

All the icon associations have changed back to plain white instead of red and white.

Associating the file again, using properties, opens with, does not fix the problem.

My editor is a 32bit program.

:)

BryanHord, Nov 27, 2018
  2. ct5098 Win User

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

ct5098, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Meow9000 Win User
    XML Text Editor.

Done a quick search here and Google but didn't find anything, So I apologise if I have missed anything.

Basically I'm looking for a free, lightweight XML Text editor to change some files. Being able to view items in a table for easier editing would be a plus. Looking at raw text is killing me at the moment.

Thanks,

Meow9000, Nov 27, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Why did my default text editor stop being associated with text files? - Similar Threads - Why did default

2. Video Editor Text slide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor Text slide: Hello, am having trouble with the duration of my text slide. I have set it at 7 seconds as it's for my brother's funeral pictures and has text to read at the end of the presentation.The text stays up for 2 seconds too quick to read, then a blank slide without text shows up...
  3. Text editors fail to open

in Windows 10 Support
    Text editors fail to open: I use text editors "Text Maker" and "Jarte". When I initially open either of them the page comes up blank. Shortly I get an error message stating that the program is not responding and it needs to be reported to Microsoft. Then I close that window and reopen the program...
  4. Help! Text on Video Editor

Help! Text on Video Editor: Please help, I have a video I am supposed to have finished by today but where I have added text on some of the photo slides it's decided to make some text stationary and some move - how do it edit the moving text? It zoom's in from the bottom and I'm stressed hah!...
  5. Is WordPad a text editor?

Is WordPad a text editor?: I have come across a contradiction that both notepad and WordPad are text editors. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-wordpad-a-text-editor/0bc10591-4049-4e25-8579-729aec2d3883
  6. Choose Textpad as default text editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Choose Textpad as default text editor in Windows 10: I have downloaded Textpad Ver 8 but can't seem to select it as my default text editor in Windows 10. When I go to Choose Default Apps by File Type, Textpad doesn't even show up as a choice in many selections. How can I configure Textpad to be my default text editor in...
  7. Set Kate Text editor as default app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Set Kate Text editor as default app: I installed text editor kate using the windows 10 store. Kate does not show in the options to set default app for text files, I can't go to the location to manually set it because windows is blocking me from accessing windows store app folder Windowsapp. How can I access the...
  8. My text editors are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My text editors are not working: Hi all, I have noticed that only my text editors are failing to load but also when trying to access the task manager I can't see any of the messages or prompts. The windows open but the content never loads. All the click options are still available but without a message...
  9. My text editors won't load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My text editors won't load: Hello all, I have been trying to load docs on my Micorsoft Word and Notepad ++ text editors and neither are loading. There is also an issue when loading my task manager. I press ctrl + alt + del and it takes forever to load and once loaded the gui doesn't display...
  10. Problem with text in Video Editor

Problem with text in Video Editor: I put together a multi photo presentation using Video Editor. Yesterday morning it was fine. I then did a few final edits to text on a few photos and saved the file. When I looked at it yesterday afternoon before sending, the text on each slide that has it now appears in a...