Windows 10: Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?

Discus and support Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My tray now has every item that was on my desktop. I don't know what happened or how to correct the problem. My desktop still has all the icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MartinGreenberg2, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?

My tray now has every item that was on my desktop. I don't know what happened or how to correct the problem. My desktop still has all the icons folders, etc. Wondering if anybody can explain what happened and how to restore my situation to before the event?

:)

MartinGreenberg2, Jul 9, 2020

2. Why does the Replace or Skip Files suddenly appear on my desktop?

Why does the Replace or Skip Files suddenly appear on my desktop?

MadeleineProchazka, Jul 9, 2020
  3. all my files appear as icons

Hi all you helpful people. My problem is that suddenly
    ALL my files now appear as icons on my desktop. Could someone please explain to me how I restore my desktop to only those icons (shortcuts) I wish to show. I would point out that I have windows defender as my virus protection and it is currently up to
    date.. i.e 30/01/2016.

Many thanks in advance.

John.

unhappysherro, Jul 9, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?

1. Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray? - Similar Threads - Why did Desktop

2. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  3. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  4. Why do random Icons appear on my Desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do random Icons appear on my Desktop icons?: Please help me troubleshoot this issue: I've noticed that random icons occasionally appear over my desktop icons, as seen in the screenshot attached.This time, it happens to be the New World logo. Although it doesn't hinder my computer usage, it strikes me as unusual.If...
  5. Why is my font size so small all of a sudden. not all text but desktop icons, tabs on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my font size so small all of a sudden. not all text but desktop icons, tabs on the...: I tried to adjust with the slider scale for fonts size in Accessibility setting but it didn't work. If I tried to manually enlarge ctrl +scroll up only the icons will be enlarged, not the font. I'm using Windows 11Windows 11 Home Single Language...
  6. Why is my font size so small all of a sudden. not all text but desktop icons, tabs on the...

Why is my font size so small all of a sudden. not all text but desktop icons, tabs on the...: I tried to adjust with the slider scale for fonts size in Accessibility setting but it didn't work. If I tried to manually enlarge ctrl +scroll up only the icons will be enlarged, not the font. I'm using Windows 11Windows 11 Home Single Language...
  7. Why is my font size so big all of a sudden. not all text is but desktop icons are, tabs on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my font size so big all of a sudden. not all text is but desktop icons are, tabs on...: Some one help explain why my font size is so big and how do I change it back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-font-size-so-big-all-of-a-sudden-not-all/337c8c0f-93ba-4c96-b76b-7df5a9212a2b
  8. Why is my font size so big all of a sudden. not all text is but desktop icons are, tabs on...

Why is my font size so big all of a sudden. not all text is but desktop icons are, tabs on...: Some one help explain why my font size is so big and how do I change it back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-font-size-so-big-all-of-a-sudden-not-all/337c8c0f-93ba-4c96-b76b-7df5a9212a2b
  9. Why do png icons suddenly start appearing on my desktop for no reason?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do png icons suddenly start appearing on my desktop for no reason?: This last few weeks for some reason Win 10 is creating mini png icons of any jpg I place on my desktop so now I am getting a duplicate, one of the original jpg and one mini png icon of the picture. It has never done this before and I have no explanation why it is...
  10. Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons.: My cat trod on my keyboard when she was going to her sheepskin mat next to the monitor (she often sleeps there) since then the text in the browser and wordprocessing programs and notepad is in boxes and I cannot manage to cure the problem. Any ideas? Bev. 84085