Windows 10: Why did my laptop switched to integrated GPU?

Discus and support Why did my laptop switched to integrated GPU? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello so I have bought this laptop 1 week and some days ago and I looked in NVIDIA control panel and selected RTX4060 as my main GPU and everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gabi233, Jul 16, 2023.

1. Gabi233 Win User

Why did my laptop switched to integrated GPU?

Hello so I have bought this laptop 1 week and some days ago and I looked in NVIDIA control panel and selected RTX4060 as my main GPU and everything was fine until today.I saw a big difference in FPS in PUBG yesterday evening when I was playing it I had 140-160 FPS and today I had 60 max, i checked the status of my GPU in Task Manager and NZXT CAM and my dedicated GPU was at low usage and the integrated one at high and I have tried to switch it again from NVIDIA control panel also deactivating the intel GPU driver and activating it again still the same problem every game and app is only running

:)

Gabi233, Jul 16, 2023
  2. pooltaxi1 Win User

Windows 10 Won't use NVIDIA GPU, Uses Integrated Graphics Instead! (LAPTOP)

I have a similar (same) problem with my ASUS laptop.

My Laptop: ASUS F550L laptop

SPECS:

Windows: Windows 10

Processor: Intel Core i7-4500MQ CPU @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

Integrated GPU: ?

DirectX Version: ?

I have tried the steps listed above but they did not resolve the problem.

I have attempted to download an updated driver but my driver was reported as 'up to date'.

What do I do now?

pooltaxi1, Jul 16, 2023
  3. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

Hello! My name is Mostafa, and I will try my best to assist you with this so that you find a satisfactory solution.

I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue. When you connect an external monitor to your laptop during a heavy task, it should automatically switch.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on the desktop and select "NVIDIA Control Panel" from the menu.

2. In the NVIDIA Control Panel, click on "Configure Surround, PhysX."

3. Under the "PhysX Settings" tab, select your external display from the drop-down menu under "Display."

4. In the same window, under "PhysX Configuration," select "Auto-select (recommended)."

5. Click "Apply" to save your changes and close the NVIDIA Control Panel.

6. Restart your laptop to apply the changes.

Ensure you have updated your GPU to the latest version and your Monitor support G-sync.

You can disable integrated GPU by going to Device Manager.

I hope the above steps helped you. In case of additional questions, reach out back to me, and I will be happy to help and try my best to resolve your issue. Thank you.

Best,

Mostafa

Mostafa Sadeghi, Jul 16, 2023
  4. Craextic Win User

Windows not detecting dedicated gpu at all on laptop

I have an ASUS FX505DT laptop. Just recently after starting up the pc as usual the gpu was not detected at all. The only evidence there is even a gpu there is that the drivers are installed in device manager. The driver is not reporting any problems. There is no setting to enable the gpu in bios, nor does it list the gpu in hardware information on the bios, only the integrated. It isn’t listed on dxdiag either. The pc crashes frequently.

Craextic, Jul 16, 2023
Thema:

1. Why did my laptop switched to integrated GPU? - Similar Threads - Why did laptop

2. Why did this happen to my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did this happen to my laptop: Ok so i was just watching youtube when command prompt showed up it was like system32.exe and like was instanly using commands when i closed it i was scared but then it popped up multiple times then i just shutdown the computer im scared is my computer not safe is it a bug i...
  3. Why did my laptop switched to integrated GPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my laptop switched to integrated GPU?: Hello so I have bought this laptop 1 week and some days ago and I looked in NVIDIA control panel and selected RTX4060 as my main GPU and everything was fine until today.I saw a big difference in FPS in PUBG yesterday evening when I was playing it I had 140-160 FPS and today I...
  4. Why did my laptop switched to integrated GPU?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why did my laptop switched to integrated GPU?: Hello so I have bought this laptop 1 week and some days ago and I looked in NVIDIA control panel and selected RTX4060 as my main GPU and everything was fine until today.I saw a big difference in FPS in PUBG yesterday evening when I was playing it I had 140-160 FPS and today I...
  5. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu: Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a...
  6. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu: Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a...
  7. Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop: Hi,There is an app on my computer that does not run on the dedicated GPU. Previously I used to right-click on the .exe file and select run with graphics processor > integrated graphics.That option is no longer available. However, I could go to Windows' graphics setting and...
  8. Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop: Hi,There is an app on my computer that does not run on the dedicated GPU. Previously I used to right-click on the .exe file and select run with graphics processor > integrated graphics.That option is no longer available. However, I could go to Windows' graphics setting and...
  9. Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop

10. Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?)

Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?): Virtual greetings. I recently upgraded my ancient Windows 7 computer to a new and very potent desktop Windows 10 PC. This new PC will be connected via HDMI to a 4K QLED TV as the display monitor. I wanted to use my new PC to watch commercial 4K Blu-ray movies (amongst...