Windows 10: Why did my PC initiate a shutdown?.

Discus and support Why did my PC initiate a shutdown?. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, at 12:30AM I was playing a game and paused it then switched to the desktop so that I could go eat something, I returned at approximately 1:04AM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HeavenlyFelow, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Why did my PC initiate a shutdown?.

Hello, at 12:30AM I was playing a game and paused it then switched to the desktop so that I could go eat something, I returned at approximately 1:04AM and found my PC OFF. This is a big deal since my PC is set to never turn off unless I do it manually and it didn't overheat either, hell even stressing the PC with Prime95 and FurMark for hours didn't turn it off. There was no reason for it to initiate a shutdown no update nor anything and it's plugged to a UPS. (which means no power loss and it's just a normal one it can't control the PC) I've had this PC for 4 months now and this is not the first time this has happened and I already checked the task scheduler.
    Even viewer: PC - Album on Imgur

(I don't think that the LEDkeeper error is the cause since it happened 5 seconds after the shut down was initiated.)

Specs:

Nvidia GTX 1660.

Ryzen 3600 cooled with a dark rock pro 4.

MSI X570 gaming plus.

Corsair lpx 3000mhz 8x2.

Corsair RM750x.

Intel 660p 1tb.

Thank you.

:)

HeavenlyFelow, Nov 14, 2019

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Nov 14, 2019
  3. R-T-B Win User
    PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Why did my PC initiate a shutdown?.

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

So its been almost two weeks since i last posted and since my PC has shutdown unexpectedly... My original plan was to play around with the RAM to see if that was the issue but after a few days of no shutdowns i figured i would see if the CMOS clear and repairing the corrupt OS had fixed the issue. As i already said its been almost 2 weeks since i first made theses changes and i was fairly certain it had fixed the issue...Unfortunately my PC did shutdown unexpectedly today while i was at work. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that the PC could be on for almost 2 weeks straight and have no issues then just randomly shutdown...I ran the SFC scan to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the OS and it reported no issues. My next step i guess would be to try and eliminate the RAM as the issue but honestly i find i very hard to believe that's the issue after the PC was on for 2 weeks. Surely if this was a hardware issue i would have more regular shutdowns...or at least shutdown while im actually using the PC...What do you guys think?

Deridder45, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Why did my PC initiate a shutdown?.

1. Why did my PC initiate a shutdown?. - Similar Threads - Why did initiate

2. Why did windows update without my permission on initial startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did windows update without my permission on initial startup?: I just bought a new computer and asked the seller to keep it on windows 10 until windows 11 was more proven.Instead, it updated on its own without letting me stop it during setup. There are several things I dislike about 11 and would have preferred to stay on windows 10 until...
  3. Why did windows update without my permission on initial startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did windows update without my permission on initial startup?: I just bought a new computer and asked the seller to keep it on windows 10 until windows 11 was more proven.Instead, it updated on its own without letting me stop it during setup. There are several things I dislike about 11 and would have preferred to stay on windows 10 until...
  4. Why did My pc restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did My pc restart: I full formeted my pc and process is over after tht it started to restart again.. after a few time it's restart again saying that why did my pc restart and this process repeats again and again... Some time in the middle of this process pc home screen come but it's flickers...
  5. Why did my pc open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did my pc open.: I was about to go to sleep when suddenly my pc opens up. It was shut down. It wasnt on sleep. Is this some kind of spyware or something? Or just windows 10 tripping submitted by /u/Volvodriver69 [link] [comments]...
  6. Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.: It's 2:18 AM right now at 12:30 I was playing a game and paused it then switched to the desktop so that I could go eat something, I returned at approximately 1:04 and found my PC OFF. This is a big deal since my PC settings are set to never turn if off unless I do it manually...
  7. Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.: It's 1:32 AM right now at 12:30 I was playing Yakuza 0 and paused it then switched to the desktop so that I could go eat something, I returned at approximately 1:04 and found my PC OFF. The is a big deal since my PC settings are set to never turn if off unless I do it...
  8. Why did my pc restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why did my pc restart: Hello, my problem is that I reseted my pc (nit laptop), and after language, region and... Then It showed me this "Why did my pc restart„ I did qll tasks, but that did not help, what to do please help me!![IMG]...
  9. Why did my PC restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did my PC restart?: Doing a refresh install of a computer I dont have a install file other then what is on the PC. The keep your files version was tried first, but wasn't successful. The version of wipe files and re-install was tried only to be locked into "Why did my PC restart?". This is a...
  10. Why did my pc restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did my pc restart.: I tryed to restart my Windows 0 and after it was finished it took me to the languge and time and I did that then i clicked next and I waited and the pc restarted then i did it again but it said why did my pc restart, I did the rstarts that it told me to do then it restarted...