Windows 10: "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox

Discus and support "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I installed clean Windows 10 on my VM, it kept restarting until I had the problem, "Why did my pc restart", I was looking for clues that recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dawid5635, Dec 26, 2020.

1. dawid5635 Win User

"Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox

When I installed clean Windows 10 on my VM, it kept restarting until I had the problem, "Why did my pc restart", I was looking for clues that recovery needs to be restored to factory settings, so I did, and it doesn't work. Windows 10, and it still doesn't work, anyone know?

:)

dawid5635, Dec 26, 2020
  2. GC1949 Win User

VirtualBox VM activation of Preview build 17763.104

I had issues with my Linux Mint 18.3 host using a VirtualBox VM of Windows 10 pro preview build, so I followed the procedure to "export" The Windows 10 VM and also saved the original VM intact in a separate folder on my data drive. After a clean install
    of Linux Mint 19 and installing the latest version of VirtualBox available in the repos I then imported the VM of Windows 10 that I had previously exported. This went smoothly enough, but the Windows 10 (Build 17763.104) now says it is not activated - whereas
    it has previously been activated for years through successive preview builds and even different versions of Linux Mint and VirtualBox versions (I don't recall ever having to activate it). I thought maybe the "export" of the VM was the issue, so copied back
    the ORIGINAL and UNCHANGED Windows 10 VM folder and opened that in VirtualBox. Now even that original Windows 10 Pro Preview build is no longer activated despite NO CHANGES to the VM itself from the previous hour before I reinstalled Linux Mint and VirtualBox.

How do I activate this? I have never had to before and have used this VM for years with every Insider preview update sent out.

GC1949, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Virtualbox Edge on Windows 10 VMs (free ones)

I recently downloaded the Windows 10 Edge vm to install into VirtualBox. By default it has 40GB of disk space and I used VBoxManage (virtual box path command) to increase that size on the default vmdk to 80GB and import it as a vdi. For some reason though
    the Windows VM still reads 40GB, while VirtualBox says 80GB. Is the 40GB space limit hard coded into the .ova somehow?

spectre1982, Dec 26, 2020
  4. "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox

GPU-Z kills windows 10 VM

Hello there,
    when I run gpu-z on VM running vgpu (M60 or K2 grid) VM crash and restarts itself.

GPU: nvidia grid M60 | nvidia grid K2
    GPU-Z release: 1.14~1.17
    Issue: windows crash in VM and it won't power on.
    How to reproduce: Run gpu-z in a windows 10 VM with (M60 or K2 grid) vgpu, VM restarts instantly without any progress

Please check and release fix for this issue.

Here is the dumpfile for gpu-z: Dropbox - Error

Thanks,

Minion Flowthroe, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

"Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox

1. "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox - Similar Threads - Why did restart

2. "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox on Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox on Mac: Hi, I have a mid 2011 iMac running Mac Os High Sierra running virtualbox 6.0.I know very old computer and software.Anyway I keep running into a problem where I start up the VM and it says "Why did my pc restart?" I found a post on how to fix it on windows but I haven't found...
  3. "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox on Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox on Mac: Hi, I have a mid 2011 iMac running Mac Os High Sierra running virtualbox 6.0.I know very old computer and software.Anyway I keep running into a problem where I start up the VM and it says "Why did my pc restart?" I found a post on how to fix it on windows but I haven't found...
  4. "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox on Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why did My pc restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did My pc restart: I full formeted my pc and process is over after tht it started to restart again.. after a few time it's restart again saying that why did my pc restart and this process repeats again and again... Some time in the middle of this process pc home screen come but it's flickers...
  6. "Why did my pc restart" problem VM Virtualbox

"Why did my pc restart" problem VM Virtualbox: When I installed clean Windows 10 on my VM, it kept restarting until I had the problem, "Why did my pc restart", I was looking for clues that recovery needs to be restored to factory settings, so I did, and it doesn't work. Windows 10, and it still doesn't work, anyone know?...
  7. Why did my PC Restart?

Why did my PC Restart?: So I was performing a clean installation of Windows 10. And my PC Acer Aspier started restarting of times. Then it finally stopped restarting and this screen appeared. It said Why did My PC Restart? Does anyone have answers?[IMG]...
  8. Why did my pc restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why did my pc restart: Hello, my problem is that I reseted my pc (nit laptop), and after language, region and... Then It showed me this "Why did my pc restart„ I did qll tasks, but that did not help, what to do please help me!![IMG]...
  9. Why did my PC restart?

Why did my PC restart?: Doing a refresh install of a computer I dont have a install file other then what is on the PC. The keep your files version was tried first, but wasn't successful. The version of wipe files and re-install was tried only to be locked into "Why did my PC restart?". This is a...
  10. Why did my pc restart.

Why did my pc restart.: I tryed to restart my Windows 0 and after it was finished it took me to the languge and time and I did that then i clicked next and I waited and the pc restarted then i did it again but it said why did my pc restart, I did the rstarts that it told me to do then it restarted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 restart after run virtualbox