Windows 10: Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.

Discus and support Why did my PC shutdown on its own?. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's 2:18 AM right now at 12:30 I was playing a game and paused it then switched to the desktop so that I could go eat something, I returned at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HeavenlyFelow, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.

It's 2:18 AM right now at 12:30 I was playing a game and paused it then switched to the desktop so that I could go eat something, I returned at approximately 1:04 and found my PC OFF. This is a big deal since my PC settings are set to never turn if off unless I do it manually and it didn't overheat either, hell even stressing the PC with Prime95 and FurMark for hours didn't turn it off. There was no reason for it turn off no update nor anything and it's plugged to a UPS and I've had this PC for 4 months now.

Additional Info at: https://imgur.com/a/RWdj9KE

Specs:

Nvidia GTX 1660.

Ryzen 3600 cooled with a dark rock pro 4.

MSI X570 gaming plus.

Corsair lpx 3000mhz 8x2.

Corsair RM750x.

Intel 660p 1tb.

Thank you.

:)

HeavenlyFelow, Nov 13, 2019

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Nov 13, 2019
  3. R-T-B Win User
    PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

So its been almost two weeks since i last posted and since my PC has shutdown unexpectedly... My original plan was to play around with the RAM to see if that was the issue but after a few days of no shutdowns i figured i would see if the CMOS clear and repairing the corrupt OS had fixed the issue. As i already said its been almost 2 weeks since i first made theses changes and i was fairly certain it had fixed the issue...Unfortunately my PC did shutdown unexpectedly today while i was at work. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that the PC could be on for almost 2 weeks straight and have no issues then just randomly shutdown...I ran the SFC scan to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the OS and it reported no issues. My next step i guess would be to try and eliminate the RAM as the issue but honestly i find i very hard to believe that's the issue after the PC was on for 2 weeks. Surely if this was a hardware issue i would have more regular shutdowns...or at least shutdown while im actually using the PC...What do you guys think?

Deridder45, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.

1. Why did my PC shutdown on its own?. - Similar Threads - Why did shutdown

2. Why is my laptop acting on its own?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my laptop acting on its own?: Hi! I have a laptop that i bought online. It was custom built and i have the laptop for 2 years. But this year i encountered a problem with the system every time i open it it automatically runs the Run or the windows+R opens the notification tray magnify and the file explorer...
  3. Why did my computer set its own password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my computer set its own password?: So just brought a brand new MSI Katana yesterday Christmas Eve set it up, played with the basics to get a feel for new computer, put it down for an hour or so it went to sleep like it should,But now it asks for a four digit pin on launch which I never set ? And when I get the...
  4. Why did my computer set its own password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my computer set its own password?: So just brought a brand new MSI Katana yesterday Christmas Eve set it up, played with the basics to get a feel for new computer, put it down for an hour or so it went to sleep like it should,But now it asks for a four digit pin on launch which I never set ? And when I get the...
  5. Why is my mouse acting on its own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my mouse acting on its own?: Was at the public library, using their free Wi-Fi. After an hour of no problems, the cursor starts acting on its own, then opening random pages. I then shut off Bluetooth & the internet connection, but it keeps acting out? Is this something with the software? Hacked?...
  6. PC shutdowns on its own Not due to temperatures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shutdowns on its own Not due to temperatures: Ive had my pc for around 7 months now and I've had no troubles with it until a week ago when it now just shuts down every 45-1 hour on its own, first i thought it was temps but i checked both gpu and cpu and both were fine in and out of video games. I then tried a new power...
  7. My PC changed on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC changed on its own: My pc changed on its own it became different it has the vita taskbar and mouse [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-changed-on-its-own/e9836358-20bc-4ac8-beef-7c2dd9dd97f6
  8. Why is my computer restarting on its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my computer restarting on its own?: The last couple of days my PC has been restarting itself sometime at night I'm assuming. I have been doing a lot of large file transfers which is why I've been leaving my PC on overnight recently and I notice that in the morning it's on the logon screen. Here are the logs...
  9. Why did my PC initiate a shutdown?.

in Windows 10 Support
    Why did my PC initiate a shutdown?.: Hello, at 12:30AM I was playing a game and paused it then switched to the desktop so that I could go eat something, I returned at approximately 1:04AM and found my PC OFF. This is a big deal since my PC is set to never turn off unless I do it manually and it didn't overheat...
  10. Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.: It's 1:32 AM right now at 12:30 I was playing Yakuza 0 and paused it then switched to the desktop so that I could go eat something, I returned at approximately 1:04 and found my PC OFF. The is a big deal since my PC settings are set to never turn if off unless I do it...