Windows 10: Why did my recycle bin disappear after the befor last update?

Discus and support Why did my recycle bin disappear after the befor last update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The update before last took away my recycle bin. How can I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Huzzypoop, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Huzzypoop Win User

Why did my recycle bin disappear after the befor last update?

The update before last took away my recycle bin. How can I get it back?

:)

Huzzypoop, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Recycle Bin disappeared

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with recovering your accidentally deleted pictures as Recycle Bin has disappeared. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the instructions provided below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Go to click View option.
    • Double click on Options, on the top right windows
    • Go to View tab.
    • Check on "Show hidden files, folders and drives ".
    • And uncheck on "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)".
    • Click on Apply and
      OK
      button.
    Step 2:

• Now, go back to File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC, from right hand side panel.
    • Double click on C drive.
    • Right click on $Recycle.Bin
    • Select Send to option.
    • Click on Desktop (create shortcut).
    The recycle bin shortcut shall be created on the desktop.

Note: Check on "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" by follow step 1.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Why did my recycle bin disappear after the befor last update?

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Why did my recycle bin disappear after the befor last update?

1. Why did my recycle bin disappear after the befor last update? - Similar Threads - Why did recycle

2. Why did my programs and shortcuts disappear with the last windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did my programs and shortcuts disappear with the last windows 10 update?: When I did the last upgrade for Windows 10 most of my programs disappeared. Some show asking "owned" in Windows store, but all the short cuts are gone....
  3. Why did my programs and shortcuts disappear with the last windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my programs and shortcuts disappear with the last windows 10 update?: When I did the last upgrade for Windows 10 most of my programs disappeared. Some show asking "owned" in Windows store, but all the short cuts are gone....
  4. Why did my programs and shortcuts disappear with the last windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. recycle bin/why did all my active folders in 3 USBs are showing in the bin?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recycle bin/why did all my active folders in 3 USBs are showing in the bin?: recycle bin/why did all my active folders in 3 USBs are showing in the bin?“***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***”...
  6. Why is my recycle bin in my documents folder?

Why is my recycle bin in my documents folder?: Instead of being on my desktop or at my hard drive root, my recycle bin is showing up as a subfolder of the primary documents folder. This is causing problems when I do copies or create backups because the docs in it are large and ruin the operation. Here is a screen shot to...
  7. Recycle Bin keeps disappearing from desktop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Recycle Bin keeps disappearing from desktop: Since the last update every time I turn on my system the recycle bin disappears and I have to reinstall it. Today I have spent 30 minutes trying to get it reinstalled to the desktop but am not able to resurrect it. Randall Black...
  8. Why isn't the recycle bin working?

Why isn't the recycle bin working?: When I try to put a file in the recycle bin I get a message saying that it is corrupted or invalid? Is there a way I can get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-the-recycle-working/3d454347-cab5-4f77-a65e-b604d8afa6ff"
  9. Why did my local account disappear after the last windows update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why did my local account disappear after the last windows update?: And how do I revert to using the local account that was configured? I absolutely do not want to have my Microsoft account linked to this computer and I am extremely frustrated that the update converted my local account to a cloud account. How do I fix this? And if this is...
  10. the recycle bin has disappeared after a recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    the recycle bin has disappeared after a recent Windows 10 update: where do I find the recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/the-recycle-has-disappeared-after-a-recent-windows/98ff3097-1a95-47c5-abc3-a75c1db0cfca