Windows 10: Why Did My Settings Revert Back After Restart?

Discus and support Why Did My Settings Revert Back After Restart? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys; i was playing 'The Bureau xcom declassified' and the screen went black. I don't know whether the game crashed or if it was my system. The PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nubiewithatwist, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Why Did My Settings Revert Back After Restart?

Hey guys; i was playing 'The Bureau xcom declassified' and the screen went black. I don't know whether the game crashed or if it was my system. The PC restarted okay and then my windows 10 "make everything larger" E of A settings had reverted back to very tiny. In a panic, i went ahead and ordered a RX580 8GB graphics card. The one i have is the RX560 2GB and it gets power straight from the MB. I'm hoping you can say why my screen went black and why did my scaling settings revert and if i've wasted my money worrying about that graphics card.
    Hoping the symptoms i wrote will let y'all say what happened. TIA

:)

Nubiewithatwist, Nov 30, 2019
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Why Did My Settings Revert Back After Restart? [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Why Did My Settings Revert Back After Restart? [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Why Did My Settings Revert Back After Restart?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Why Did My Settings Revert Back After Restart?

1. Why Did My Settings Revert Back After Restart? - Similar Threads - Why Did Settings

2. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  3. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  4. Why did my Laptop boot in Windows 11 and after restarting revert back to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my Laptop boot in Windows 11 and after restarting revert back to Windows 10?: I have an Acer Swift 3 with Windows 10 that I use almost daily. Today my Laptop booted in Windows 11 allthough I never explicitly confirmed the update. I went with it and tried setting the system up as it was, because EVERYTHING was shifted, folders were missing, I was logged...
  5. Why did my Laptop boot in Windows 11 and after restarting revert back to Windows 10?

Why did my Laptop boot in Windows 11 and after restarting revert back to Windows 10?: I have an Acer Swift 3 with Windows 10 that I use almost daily. Today my Laptop booted in Windows 11 allthough I never explicitly confirmed the update. I went with it and tried setting the system up as it was, because EVERYTHING was shifted, folders were missing, I was logged...
  6. Windows Keeps Reverting Back After Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Keeps Reverting Back After Restart: Since my daughter has installed Origin on my Windows 10 PC I have had nothing but problems. I can uninstall Origin without any errors but when I restart my PC it is back again as if the PC has reverted to the settings before I uninstalled it.I downloaded iobit uninstaller...
  7. Windows Keeps Reverting Back After Restart

Windows Keeps Reverting Back After Restart: Since my daughter has installed Origin on my Windows 10 PC I have had nothing but problems. I can uninstall Origin without any errors but when I restart my PC it is back again as if the PC has reverted to the settings before I uninstalled it.I downloaded iobit uninstaller...
  8. Windows Keeps Reverting Back After Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why did my W10 upgrade revert back to W7 during installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did my W10 upgrade revert back to W7 during installation?: I was just upgrading my Dell Vostro 460 desktop from W7 Pro to W10 Home and towards the end of the process I see that it is removing all updates and it reboots back to W7 Pro. I was not watching the monitor as I knew it would take a while so that was quite a surprise. This is...
  10. Why did my W10 upgrade revert back to W7 during installation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why did my W10 upgrade revert back to W7 during installation?: I was just upgrading my Dell Vostro 460 desktop from W7 Pro to W10 Home and towards the end of the process I see that it is removing all updates and it reboots back to W7 Pro. I was not watching the monitor as I knew it would take a while so that was quite a surprise. This is...