Windows 10: Why did my VHD disappear after I restarted my PC? Also, the file where I saved it is gone!

Discus and support Why did my VHD disappear after I restarted my PC? Also, the file where I saved it is gone! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I am a bit lost. I created a VHD just in case my pc went into another meltdown. I didn't notice that it was gone until now as I am backing up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KnightSky1216, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Why did my VHD disappear after I restarted my PC? Also, the file where I saved it is gone!

Hi,I am a bit lost. I created a VHD just in case my pc went into another meltdown. I didn't notice that it was gone until now as I am backing up my data. I have two hard drives in my pc: C drive which my primary drive and second hard drive which is E. When I created the VHD, I saved it on drive E. Even the save file on drive E is gone. What happened? Is there a solution?Thanks for reading!

:)

KnightSky1216, Jun 15, 2021
  2. hdjx Win User

files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

3. VHD to virtual PC

does anyone know of an easy way to convert a VHD made using an old backup into a virtual PC

theoneandonlymrk, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Why did my VHD disappear after I restarted my PC? Also, the file where I saved it is gone!

VHD to virtual PC

What does it mean? *Confused Why did my VHD disappear after I restarted my PC? Also, the file where I saved it is gone! :confused: VHD is a hard drive of a virtual machine which (by default) can be opened by Microsoft Virtual PC

Drone, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Why did my VHD disappear after I restarted my PC? Also, the file where I saved it is gone!

1. Why did my VHD disappear after I restarted my PC? Also, the file where I saved it is gone! - Similar Threads - Why did VHD

2. Where did my stock watch list disappear to it is all gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my stock watch list disappear to it is all gone: My stock watch list no longer comes up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-stock-watch-list-disappear-to-it-is/d6402660-6edb-4e75-979f-a2df9ea317b9
  3. Where did my stock watch list disappear to it is all gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did my stock watch list disappear to it is all gone: My stock watch list no longer comes up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-stock-watch-list-disappear-to-it-is/d6402660-6edb-4e75-979f-a2df9ea317b9
  4. Why did my files temporarily disappear?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why did my files temporarily disappear?: I have a laptop with a 10th Gen Intel Core processor running Windows 10 version 21H1. There is only one account on it. When I logged into my laptop this morning, it was as if Windows had reset itself. Apps had reinstalled themselves (removing any personalization), and all my...
  5. Why did My pc restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did My pc restart: I full formeted my pc and process is over after tht it started to restart again.. after a few time it's restart again saying that why did my pc restart and this process repeats again and again... Some time in the middle of this process pc home screen come but it's flickers...
  6. Why did my PC Restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did my PC Restart?: So I was performing a clean installation of Windows 10. And my PC Acer Aspier started restarting of times. Then it finally stopped restarting and this screen appeared. It said Why did My PC Restart? Does anyone have answers?[IMG]...
  7. Why did my pc restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why did my pc restart: Hello, my problem is that I reseted my pc (nit laptop), and after language, region and... Then It showed me this "Why did my pc restart„ I did qll tasks, but that did not help, what to do please help me!![IMG]...
  8. After trying to reset my computer, I get "why did my PC restart?"

After trying to reset my computer, I get "why did my PC restart?": Yesterday I reset my computer. When I turned it on this morning, it asked for my region/language etc, and then it moved to the screen where it asks in bold letters: "Why did my PC restart?" It says that there was an issue with resetting the computer, and it wants to...
  9. Why did my PC restart?

Why did my PC restart?: Doing a refresh install of a computer I dont have a install file other then what is on the PC. The keep your files version was tried first, but wasn't successful. The version of wipe files and re-install was tried only to be locked into "Why did my PC restart?". This is a...
  10. Why did my pc restart.

Why did my pc restart.: I tryed to restart my Windows 0 and after it was finished it took me to the languge and time and I did that then i clicked next and I waited and the pc restarted then i did it again but it said why did my pc restart, I did the rstarts that it told me to do then it restarted...