Windows 10: Why did my wallpaper picture change?

Discus and support Why did my wallpaper picture change? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My wife and I both have Windows 10 Accounts. I access my account on my desktop. She accesses her account on her laptop. This morning when I left I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanFlak, Oct 17, 2019.

1. DanFlak Win User

Why did my wallpaper picture change?

My wife and I both have Windows 10 Accounts. I access my account on my desktop. She accesses her account on her laptop.

This morning when I left I had my American Flag wallpaper on my desktop. I left the computer (did not log off) and came back at 12:30 to find a picture of my granddaughters on my screen. This is my wife's wallpaper. She, on the other hand, has seen my American Flag wallpaper on her laptop from time to time.

The only common link is that I also have an account on her laptop on which I have not logged for several months.

This is not the first time we have switched wallpapers. What else is being "switched?"

IF wallpapers can be "switched" what other information is being shared between different accounts? Is this a security issue that can be exploited?

Why is this happening?

:)

DanFlak, Oct 17, 2019

2. Change wallpaper picture

I want to change my wallpaper picture

KennethThone, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Change wallpaper picture

Yes I would like to change my wallpaper picture.

JohnDeCremer, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Why did my wallpaper picture change?

unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Why did my wallpaper picture change?

1. Why did my wallpaper picture change? - Similar Threads - Why did wallpaper

2. Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight: My PC is for gaming. I have been using it for a long time without any trouble.My wallpaper settings were never changed. Its always the DEFAULTS settings - PictureHowever, It was changed to spotlight automatically on yesterday. And i didnt change any settings.Also, My PC didnt...
  3. Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight: My PC is for gaming. I have been using it for a long time without any trouble.My wallpaper settings were never changed. Its always the DEFAULTS settings - PictureHowever, It was changed to spotlight automatically on yesterday. And i didnt change any settings.Also, My PC didnt...
  4. why did my window wallpaper change itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did my window wallpaper change itself?: Just a fews minutes ago.i rebooted my computer normally. However, i find that the window wallpaper is changed.....I didnt change any settings.On top of that, I just reset my window 11 to the factory setting. The window should be in the default settings. Also, the default...
  5. why did my window wallpaper change itself?

why did my window wallpaper change itself?: Just a fews minutes ago.i rebooted my computer normally. However, i find that the window wallpaper is changed.....I didnt change any settings.On top of that, I just reset my window 11 to the factory setting. The window should be in the default settings. Also, the default...
  6. Why does my Wallpaper keeps changing to a specific picture?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Wallpaper keeps changing to a specific picture?: I love to change my wallpaper now and then just to keep everything fresh, but something strange happened when I set this blue astronomy picture as a wallpaper. when I changed it as usual to the sunset/landscape picture as in the screenshot or any picture it keeps changing...
  7. Why does my Wallpaper keeps changing to a specific picture?

Why does my Wallpaper keeps changing to a specific picture?: I love to change my wallpaper now and then just to keep everything fresh, but something strange happened when I set this blue astronomy picture as a wallpaper. when I changed it as usual to the sunset/landscape picture as in the screenshot or any picture it keeps changing...
  8. Why does my wallpaper change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my wallpaper change?: This is by no means a critical issue. It's a scratch my head type issue. My wife and I recently replaced our fleet of computers with newer equipment. I got a tower, she got a laptop call it laptop A She had been working on an old laptop call it laptop B. I configured my...
  9. Random picture was changed as my wallpaper automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random picture was changed as my wallpaper automatically: So this morning i was using my Lenovo 730s and everything was normal and i had left it on sleep and while opening it back up in the evening, i find both my lockscreen and wallapper changed. The lockscreen appeared to be a stock photo. What creeped me out was the wallpaper. It...
  10. Changing Lock Screen Picture to Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Lock Screen Picture to Wallpaper: How do I make the lock screen pic become my wallpaper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-lock-screen-picture-to-wallpaper/c13aa5e8-fe0b-4067-84a3-6cbae2b57566