Windows 10: Why did one drive delete all my files.

Discus and support Why did one drive delete all my files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Thankfully I made a Local back up of my source code. Please would somebody at Microsoft tell me why, when i canceled OneDrive that i didn't ask for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rufus_Of_Austnet, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Why did one drive delete all my files.

Thankfully I made a Local back up of my source code.

Please would somebody at Microsoft tell me why, when i canceled OneDrive that i didn't ask for back upin the middle of it to save on bandwidth did it delete all my local files resulting an incomplete backup, resulting in the loss of OVER 3 MONTHS worth of work on a video game i was programming?

Thankfully i have a back up on my own systems here at home that was a week old... but i have lost HOURS worth of work....

NOWHERE did it tell me it would delete my local copy of MY DATA! MINE! NOT THEIRS MINE!!!!

I WROTE THE SOURCE CODE! I MADE THE ASSETS! I DID THE DAMN WORK! now... it's gone... thanks....

NOW! Is there anyway to recover my computer from this ABSOLUTELY ABSURD Mess THEY created?

FFS!

:)

Rufus_Of_Austnet, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Windows old files deleting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you follow this steps and check if it helps.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.

• If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.

• If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.

• In the message that appears, click Delete Files.
    Hope this helps.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 17, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Why did one drive delete all my files.

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Why did one drive delete all my files.

1. Why did one drive delete all my files. - Similar Threads - Why did drive

2. Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!: For my entire adult life, I have been saving my documents and pictures on my PC under "Documents" and "Photos." But I looked in File Explore today and low and behold -- ALL of my documents and photos are GONE. I checked under ONE Drive and I found them there instead....
  3. Why did Windows delete my file?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Windows delete my file?!: I was working on a Word document, and as I was going back and forth tabs on my browser, there was a pop-up about wanting to do some repair on files, so I just thought "okay" and clicked it, let it do its thing, and afterwards, saved my files through the fancy little save icon...
  4. Why did Windows delete my file?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did Windows delete my file?!: I was working on a Word document, and as I was going back and forth tabs on my browser, there was a pop-up about wanting to do some repair on files, so I just thought "okay" and clicked it, let it do its thing, and afterwards, saved my files through the fancy little save icon...
  5. Why did Windows delete my file?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why has One Note deleted all my files on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has One Note deleted all my files on my laptop?: One Note Sync has deleted all my files on my laptop. I have nothing in the files with all the red circle X's. They seem to all have transfered to One Note which is something I DID AUTHORIZE. It happened automatically. Now I suddenly don't have disk space to pull them back....
  7. Why has One Note deleted all my files on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has One Note deleted all my files on my laptop?: One Note Sync has deleted all my files on my laptop. I have nothing in the files with all the red circle X's. They seem to all have transfered to One Note which is something I DID AUTHORIZE. It happened automatically. Now I suddenly don't have disk space to pull them back....
  8. Why has One Note deleted all my files on my laptop?

9. My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop

My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop: I was reading a story on Chrome, then minimized it, and when I did, image my surprise when almost every app besides Steam, Origin, GeForce Experience, & Recycle Bin, with my VERY IMPORTANT text files gone, and my folders deleted. Heck, even my Screenshots folder was somehow...
  10. Why won't One Drive backup all files?

Why won't One Drive backup all files?: I get complaints about *.pst and *.one. These are formats created by Microsoft but One Drive refuses to back them up. Why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-one-drive-backup-all-files/3630b9a0-1ecd-4c83-9f7f-024cbe8d672c