Windows 10: Why did some of my settings reset?

Discus and support Why did some of my settings reset? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After I turned on my laptop, I noticed several things. My desktop background went back to the default one, the systemwide app mode switched from dark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KrishnaMutha, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Why did some of my settings reset?

After I turned on my laptop, I noticed several things. My desktop background went back to the default one, the systemwide app mode switched from dark to light, and so did chrome. Is there any particular windows-related reason for this? Or is it something else?

:)

KrishnaMutha, Jan 30, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Why did some of my settings reset?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Why did some of my settings reset?

1. Why did some of my settings reset? - Similar Threads - Why did settings

2. Why did my computer erase programs and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my computer erase programs and settings?: About a month ago, my computer, using Windows 11 I think, started and was missing programs and settings, like what I pinned to my taskbar, and all the histories of programs.I think a government agency criminally did something, trying to track or frame me.I just want this...
  3. Why did my computer erase programs and settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my computer erase programs and settings?: About a month ago, my computer, using Windows 11 I think, started and was missing programs and settings, like what I pinned to my taskbar, and all the histories of programs.I think a government agency criminally did something, trying to track or frame me.I just want this...
  4. Why did my computer set its own password?

Why did my computer set its own password?: So just brought a brand new MSI Katana yesterday Christmas Eve set it up, played with the basics to get a feel for new computer, put it down for an hour or so it went to sleep like it should,But now it asks for a four digit pin on launch which I never set ? And when I get the...
  5. My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It,: My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It, It Disappered From The "Apps And Features" And When I Tried To Open It From Start It Didn't Open. Yes Troubleshooting isn't working....
  6. My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It,

My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It,: My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It, It Disappered From The "Apps And Features" And When I Tried To Open It From Start It Didn't Open. Yes Troubleshooting isn't working....
  7. Why did my laptop some of my laptop data got wiped?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my laptop some of my laptop data got wiped?: Hello. So today I turned on my laptop logged in and the wallpaper was reset all my folders were still there but removed from desktop and when I opened word and Firefox it didn't save my data and was guiding me through the installation.Is there any way to recover my data...
  8. Why did my laptop some of my laptop data got wiped?

Why did my laptop some of my laptop data got wiped?: Hello. So today I turned on my laptop logged in and the wallpaper was reset all my folders were still there but removed from desktop and when I opened word and Firefox it didn't save my data and was guiding me through the installation.Is there any way to recover my data...
  9. Why did my laptop some of my laptop data got wiped?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Why Did My Settings Revert Back After Restart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Did My Settings Revert Back After Restart?: Hey guys; i was playing 'The Bureau xcom declassified' and the screen went black. I don't know whether the game crashed or if it was my system. The PC restarted okay and then my windows 10 "make everything larger" E of A settings had reverted back to very tiny. In a panic, i...