Windows 10: Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?

Discus and support Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there not an option, other than a 3rd party app? This is ridiculous. 62463 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?

Is there not an option, other than a 3rd party app? This is ridiculous.

:)

AshleyQuick, Sep 2, 2016

2. Why did my start up screen name change

It is possible you signed into a MS Account for OneDrive, Xbox or some other feature that then created your MS Account as your sign-in? This does happen.

Check at Settings>Accounts>Family and other People tab to see if the other account is listed there. If not then on the Your Info tab look for the link to Change to a Local Account, change it back to the Account you had before which apparently got changed to
    your MS Account.:
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-swi...

If not then on the Family and other People tab you can start a New Account for the church name, move the files over, test that all progrms work from it or reinstall them, then you can change your Account to a Local Account to delete it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/226540/how-to-create-a...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I'll keep working with you until this is resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Why did my start up screen name change

At the Sign in screen, look if there are any other accounts in the left hand bottom corner of the screen. If not, sign in.

Press Windows key + R

Type: control userpasswords2

Hit Enter

Select your account

Click Properties

General tab

Change your full name back to: Trueway

Click Apply then OK

Click Apply then OK again

Andre Da Costa, Sep 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?

Your suggestion is an excellent one.. go 3rd party.
    Many have asked exactly the same question.
    If unhappy, please give feedback to MS, and/or comment on their technet site.

The Win 10 start menu is awful (my view and practical experience) - it was and is and maybe ever shall be.

Classic Shell.. (free). So many answering this same question recommend it. Just doesn't do tiles.

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?

1. Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu? - Similar Threads - Why did Anniversary

2. Why did you change the quick access menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did you change the quick access menu?: I want to access some files on a daily basis and now I have to search for them. The change stinks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-you-change-the-quick-access-menu/dbb9be76-7d9a-476f-9136-8624632acd6b
  3. Post Anniversary Update: Long App List in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Post Anniversary Update: Long App List in Start Menu: Before the update, there was "all programs" which would hide all the apps but now they're all exposed as soon as you click the start button. How to remove this long ugly list? [img] 60050
  4. No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!: So I just updated to the latest Windows Update upon a prompt. (Automatically in other words.) This added the Anniversary Update as well, which changed the Start Menu somewhat. There is one problem though, it doesn't work as intended. I was under the impression that "All Apps"...
  5. Two different start menu looks after Anniversary Update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Two different start menu looks after Anniversary Update...: This is my start menu (with the icons only along the left): [img] This is my wife's laptop (with the "Most used" section AND the names beside the icons): [img] I would like my laptop's start menu to look like my wife's...with the "Most used" section, etc. How is...
  6. Why no anniversary update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why no anniversary update?: My desktop computers are running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS Build 10586.545 I don't appear to get the anniversay update. Is there a reason for this? (I have a year old laptop with Windows 10 Home and that did get the anniversary update.) 74147
  7. Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update: In 1511 I right clicked in the Start field and it brought up a Properties link. Then there were lots of configuration setting for the Start screen. That no longer works. To the point, before I was able to hide the Apps column and access it by clicking All Apps. I'd like to...
  8. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  9. Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly: Hi all, Wondering if anyone else has experienced an icon display issue on their start menu with the 1607 update? I have just clean installed (and fully updated) the 1607 Anniversary Update on 2 PC's and both are experiencing an identical issue with their start menu. The...
  10. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update: This Is the New Windows 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update Redmond revamping the Start menu with new Features [img] [img] The upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update is going to bring several important changes for users of Microsoft’s new...