Windows 10: Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?

Discus and support Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there not an option, other than a 3rd party app? This is ridiculous. 62463 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?

Is there not an option, other than a 3rd party app? This is ridiculous.

:)

AshleyQuick, Sep 2, 2016

2. Why did my start up screen name change

It is possible you signed into a MS Account for OneDrive, Xbox or some other feature that then created your MS Account as your sign-in? This does happen.

Check at Settings>Accounts>Family and other People tab to see if the other account is listed there. If not then on the Your Info tab look for the link to Change to a Local Account, change it back to the Account you had before which apparently got changed to
    your MS Account.:
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-swi...

If not then on the Family and other People tab you can start a New Account for the church name, move the files over, test that all progrms work from it or reinstall them, then you can change your Account to a Local Account to delete it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/226540/how-to-create-a...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I'll keep working with you until this is resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Why did my start up screen name change

At the Sign in screen, look if there are any other accounts in the left hand bottom corner of the screen. If not, sign in.

Press Windows key + R

Type: control userpasswords2

Hit Enter

Select your account

Click Properties

General tab

Change your full name back to: Trueway

Click Apply then OK

Click Apply then OK again

Andre Da Costa, Sep 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?

Your suggestion is an excellent one.. go 3rd party.
    Many have asked exactly the same question.
    If unhappy, please give feedback to MS, and/or comment on their technet site.

The Win 10 start menu is awful (my view and practical experience) - it was and is and maybe ever shall be.

Classic Shell.. (free). So many answering this same question recommend it. Just doesn't do tiles.

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?

1. Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu? - Similar Threads - Why did Anniversary

2. Why are my desktop folders on my start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are my desktop folders on my start menu?: I was looking around tonight at my windows 10 settings and I clicked on the start menu ( which I use StarDock to make Win 10 start menu look like win 7 start menu ) and there are desktop folder on my start menu. I checked settings to see what should be on my start menu and...
  3. Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?: Why does this happen? I don't think the apps are gone from the computer but I don't see the tiles on there. Why? This happened with the Microsoft Photo App I had to install it from the store. How does this happen? Could it be a virus? Or is it normal for it to do that because...
  4. Why did Microsoft get rid of the expandable start menu screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why did Microsoft get rid of the expandable start menu screen?: Why did Microsoft get rid of the expandable start menu screen? I really liked that feature. Now you can't have the start menu screen at full screen. They had it working really good with a scroll mouse or you could use the arrow buttons on the keyboard. 6807
  5. Where did my start menu go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where did my start menu go?: Hi guys! Last night my computer restarted and did some updates, and this morning I no longer have a start menu? I can right click on the task bar to get a context menu, but hitting the windows symbol, or pressing the windows key on my keyboard no longer works! Task...
  6. Why no anniversary update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why no anniversary update?: My desktop computers are running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS Build 10586.545 I don't appear to get the anniversay update. Is there a reason for this? (I have a year old laptop with Windows 10 Home and that did get the anniversary update.) 74147
  7. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  8. Why is the start-menu changing post-deployment?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is the start-menu changing post-deployment?: Hi! I'm sitting here struggling a lot to get the Windows 10 Start Menu customized for deployment in our corporate environment. I've read up on the different ways to add a customized menu such as adding a task during deployment, the problem is that we don't have MDT. All...
  9. Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly: Hi all, Wondering if anyone else has experienced an icon display issue on their start menu with the 1607 update? I have just clean installed (and fully updated) the 1607 Anniversary Update on 2 PC's and both are experiencing an identical issue with their start menu. The...
  10. Can't change my start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change my start menu: Hi ever since I had first installed Win10 my start menu has looked like this, [img] I thought nothing of it but my dad's start menu has tiles and things on it and I like it a lot more. But I have NO IDEA how to change it to that. Sometimes when I start windows the start...