Windows 10: Why did the devs decide this was a good idea?

Discus and support Why did the devs decide this was a good idea? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I get notifications, windows alerts me, and dampens my sound, including calls and anything else I'm currently listening to, as if these alerts are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LambentTyto, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Why did the devs decide this was a good idea?

When I get notifications, windows alerts me, and dampens my sound, including calls and anything else I'm currently listening to, as if these alerts are literally the most important thing going on at any given time. I mean, the thinking behind this is silly. I understand a subtle system sound, but actually lowering the volume of every other sounds going on?

It's interfering with my calls. I can't believe they put this in here by default...

In any event, how do you turn this off this scheisse?

submitted by /u/LambentTyto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LambentTyto, Jan 4, 2022
  2. MyiDevice Win User

Edge Dev

That's what I've already tried but I don't get the Dev browser in the list, while I have it in my PC, except Internet Explorer. Please suggest some other solution!

MyiDevice, Jan 4, 2022
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 4, 2022
  4. mrw1986 Win User

Why did the devs decide this was a good idea?

[Case Gallery]   mrw1986's Rig

Thanks for the suggestion, but after a lot of homework I've decided on the Corsair, this whole list has been ongoing since February and it's my final list *Smile Why did the devs decide this was a good idea? :)

mrw1986, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

Why did the devs decide this was a good idea?

1. Why did the devs decide this was a good idea? - Similar Threads - Why did devs

2. WHY DID THEY COME UP WITH THIS IDEA!?!?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY DID THEY COME UP WITH THIS IDEA!?!?!?!?!: CLICKING LITERALLY AT ONE POINT MAKES THESE SCREENS POP UP!!!!AND I AMMMMMMM SOOOOO TIRED OF TYPING 1'S LIKE THESE GUYS!!!!!https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/67f745c1-0c33-451b-9f93-5b8526034b48/scale-to-width/755...
  3. WHY DID THEY COME UP WITH THIS IDEA!?!?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY DID THEY COME UP WITH THIS IDEA!?!?!?!?!: CLICKING LITERALLY AT ONE POINT MAKES THESE SCREENS POP UP!!!!AND I AMMMMMMM SOOOOO TIRED OF TYPING 1'S LIKE THESE GUYS!!!!!https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/67f745c1-0c33-451b-9f93-5b8526034b48/scale-to-width/755...
  4. What about this option for Recommended files was deemed a good idea by someone? And why are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What about this option for Recommended files was deemed a good idea by someone? And why are...: I just can't get over this. You give me the option to not show Recommended files on my Start menu, an option I wish to choose, and in so choosing, you do this to my Start menu. There's this giant empty space that I can't get rid of, telling me I can turn on the thing I turned...
  5. My windows security decided to disappear, any idea?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows security decided to disappear, any idea?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hxh2001bruh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky1vuz/my_windows_security_decided_to_disappear_any_idea/
  6. Is it a good idea to install the latest update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it a good idea to install the latest update?: I paused my updates a while back and forgot to unpause them. I am still running on the 2/11/2020 update. Should I install the latest cumulative update of just the latest security patches? In case it matters, this is a gaming pc. submitted by /u/Turboyoshi0406 [link]...
  7. Is Britic's Security TRICK a good idea?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Britic's Security TRICK a good idea?: Greetings, I've learned a lot at these forums. Thanks to all you veteran users tolerating a Windows to Mac SWITCHER. I've also learned a lot of British YouTuber Britec. He has a bit of advice here that I find interesting. That you not use your Admin account but instead a...
  8. How to explain why it isn't a good idea to shut down a computer using

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to explain why it isn't a good idea to shut down a computer using: I don't think it's a good idea to shut down a computer using the on/off button unless it's a situation of last resort. However I've seen so many of the people I help do that. I'd like to find a simple explanation about that w/o getting too technical about it. For a...
  9. resizing a partition -is it a good idea?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    resizing a partition -is it a good idea?: i have come across a program that can resize a new partition when if the primary disk is too full. and wondering how would resizing a partition benefit me in the long run? -not to say iam running low in memory, but "just in case"*Nerd 71887
  10. 10 on an oldies laptop. Good idea?

in Windows 10 Support
    10 on an oldies laptop. Good idea?: I've had to fix the mother in laws windows 7 laptop which was in a right state. I've installed the 10 technical preview and it runs sweet, found all drivers, easy peasy. No waiting forever to download updates.......boots faster etc. When it comes to windows 10...