Windows 10: Why did the new windows 10 update wreck my computer?

Discus and support Why did the new windows 10 update wreck my computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did the latest update and now my computer's display isn't right. It restarts in a much lower resolution (sometimes has a new purple or red start up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrownieMullins, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Why did the new windows 10 update wreck my computer?

I did the latest update and now my computer's display isn't right. It restarts in a much lower resolution (sometimes has a new purple or red start up screen) but before I can attempt to troubleshoot, it will always go into sleep mode with no way of waking back up. This happens even if I try to run diagnostics. I am willing to even format the whole thing in order to get it working again but as soon as I go into any type of boot menus, the same thing happens. Sleep mode with no way to wake up.

:)

BrownieMullins, Aug 24, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Has windows 10 wrecked anyone elses computer?

Are you saying that you bought a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed, and an update 'wrecked' your computer? If that's the case you need to ask yourself a question I often ask myself: what am I doing wrong?

Updates cause problems for these reasons:

• The hardware isn't compatible with Windows 10 - which is not your problem if you bought a computer with Windows 10 pre-installed.
    • An incorrectly configured copy of Windows was upgraded - again, not your problem if your PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed.
    • Unwise configuration changes were made to the computer. That will definitely cause trouble for an update, because updates expect to find a supported configuration.
    You can have a brand new computer and cause all kinds of problems for yourself with just a few clicks. (I know, because I've done it myself.)

BulldogXX, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Why did the new windows 10 update wreck my computer?

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Why did the new windows 10 update wreck my computer?

1. Why did the new windows 10 update wreck my computer? - Similar Threads - Why did update

2. Why did latest windows update slow down my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did latest windows update slow down my computer?: After latest Windows update my computer has slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-latest-windows-update-slow-down-my/0e3a46d5-591f-417a-a512-193adf6021d6
  3. Why did latest windows update slow down my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did latest windows update slow down my computer?: After latest Windows update my computer has slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-latest-windows-update-slow-down-my/0e3a46d5-591f-417a-a512-193adf6021d6
  4. Update 20H2 wrecks my machine

Update 20H2 wrecks my machine: Last night, even though I’d switched off updates and put my computer to ‘sleep’, MS unilaterally decided to reboot and apply version 20H2, the update I’d been trying to avoid. This has wrecked my machine twice before, so I'd turned off the update. This morning again, nothing...
  5. June 2020 update wrecked my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    June 2020 update wrecked my computer: My computer is fairly new, paid quite a bit for it (around £700) and after an update in June, it’s completely totalled my computer. Startup takes about an hour+ and disk usage is at 100%. I disabled sysmain and that worked for a bit but now it’s reverted back to being slow....
  6. windows 10 update wrecked my PC

windows 10 update wrecked my PC: I installed the latest windows 10 upgrade yesterday and it was a disaster When I did the restart – I could not logon to the PC – I kept getting an error message that it could not find my user profile. I tried both password and pin – neither worked. I tried changing...
  7. Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers

Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers: How can Microsoft just auto update without warning and remove everything! Yes i have now switched off auto update with new system but at some time it has to go back on again and will i end up with the same problem? There must be thousands of people out there around the world...
  8. Windows updates wreck my installed drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows updates wreck my installed drivers: Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why do Windows 10 updates constantly wreck my installed drivers? Either they blow the trackpad, the Bluetooth, the wireless, or the sound drivers causing me to uninstall and reinstall from the proven drivers I store on a...
  9. Xmas wrecked by Windows 10 update - No desktop

Xmas wrecked by Windows 10 update - No desktop: So our Xmas was royally (insert expletives) due to Microsoft NOT enforcing a Change freeze and forcing 1809 down on our machine. We suffered a normal various % failures and hangs, great release team you morons have. then on Christmas Day total failure... desktop corrupt files...
  10. Windows 10 Fall update wrecked my Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Fall update wrecked my Surface Pro: After the update, there is no C drive anymore and when I click on My Computer or file explorer, the desktop keeps resetting. Some existing programs don't start anymore and are taken over by the update.. Anyone else this problem? 95716