Windows 10: Why did the update for Windows 10 change the user settings for the touchpad driver?

Discus and support Why did the update for Windows 10 change the user settings for the touchpad driver? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The configuration for Windows 10 was just finished and tested. The update yesterday apparently installed or enabled the Windows 10 Touchpad driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by _g_g_, Aug 7, 2019.

1. _g_g_ Win User

Why did the update for Windows 10 change the user settings for the touchpad driver?

The configuration for Windows 10 was just finished and tested. The update yesterday apparently installed or enabled the Windows 10 Touchpad driver instead of continuing to use the manufacturer Dell Touchpad Driver. Why does an update change the user configuration? It also added a bell for an unknown trigger. This is very distracting and disrupting. How can the orginal configuration be exactly restored. Please note that this is an unnecessary loss of your time and resources.

:)

_g_g_, Aug 7, 2019

2. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Touchpad Driver Issue (Can't fix delay)

Hi,

We acknowledge that you would like to change the settings of your device's touchpad. Accessing the feature inside Windows 10 could have been changed with the latest update.

We would suggest that if getting the specific driver for your device, and making sure that the driver is fully compatible with the latest version of Windows 10 doesn't work, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of the device to get the steps in modifying
    on how your device's touchpad work.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Why did the update for Windows 10 change the user settings for the touchpad driver?

Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Why did the update for Windows 10 change the user settings for the touchpad driver?

1. Why did the update for Windows 10 change the user settings for the touchpad driver? - Similar Threads - Why did update

2. External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting: I have a laptop computer, and I want to use an external touchpad+keyboard. This external touchpad+keyboard connects to the laptop using Bluetooth, driver is installed by windows. There is no vendor specific driver available. The touchpad and keyboard works upon successful...
  3. External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting: I have a laptop computer, and I want to use an external touchpad+keyboard. This external touchpad+keyboard connects to the laptop using Bluetooth, driver is installed by windows. There is no vendor specific driver available. The touchpad and keyboard works upon successful...
  4. External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. why did windows update downgrade driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why did windows update downgrade driver: Intel - System - 1952.14.0.1470 was a security fix and was downgraded to Intel - System - 9/19/2017 12:00:00 AM - 11.7.0.1000 how do i get it back Intel - Extension - 1952.14.0.1470 installed on 09-14-2020 Intel - System - 1952.14.0.1470 installed on 09-17-2020 Intel -...
  6. WHY WINDOWS CHANGING EVERY USER'S RESOLUTION IF 1 USER CHANGE IT settings are not...

WHY WINDOWS CHANGING EVERY USER'S RESOLUTION IF 1 USER CHANGE IT settings are not...: i am using Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18363.720 i was having problem with some programs like android studio AVD emulator it was not opening properly when my screen resolution was 3840x2160 & Scale size 250% so i made another user in windows so that i can use android studio and...
  7. Windows 10 set user settings to driver failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 set user settings to driver failed: Windows 10 has imposed drivers for touchpad which are causing problems. Furthermore, Windows is not allowing the user to install correct Synaptics touchpad driver. Windows is installing a Lenovo touchpad driver software on a HP computer with Synaptics touchpad and is...
  8. Why did Drive letters changed with an update of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why did Drive letters changed with an update of Windows 10?: Was working last night and all drive letters were correct and working properly. As I shut down computer last night, I noticed an update was coming in before shut down was complete. Tonight, I turned on computer and update was installed. As I began using and went to open a...
  9. Change settings on Laptop touchpad?

Change settings on Laptop touchpad?: I want to make it more difficult for my screen to change to another screen, or get rid of hovering, so I need to change touchpad or keyboard sensitivity. Now I can't find the place to do that on my Windows-based laptop. Any ideas?...
  10. Graphics card driver - Why did it change???

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card driver - Why did it change???: I have an HP laptop which came with an Nvidia GEFORCE graphics card. The Nvidia control panel would always tell me when there were updates available. However in the device manager I had 2 drivers reported, one for Nvidia and one for Intel. After upgrading to Win 10 I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update removes scroll direction

2. touchpad controls have changed since update

3. why did windows 10 change

4. touchpad scroll direction windows 10