Windows 10: Why did the Windows 10 update of June 13, 2019 delete my login names and passwords,...

Discus and support Why did the Windows 10 update of June 13, 2019 delete my login names and passwords,... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was crushed to find that after this afternoon's Windows 10 update that I couldn't login normally into the many websites I visit. I don't keep my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by herrqlys, Jun 14, 2019.

1. herrqlys Win User

Why did the Windows 10 update of June 13, 2019 delete my login names and passwords,...

I was crushed to find that after this afternoon's Windows 10 update that I couldn't login normally into the many websites I visit. I don't keep my passwords offline on paper, so it became really awkward to re-establish my access.

Losing my Microsoft account login was the most awkward as it gives me access to my main e-mail account. My secondary account, too, is a webmail account, and the login details for that were also deleted.

Fortunately I have a an older 2nd laptop (Windows Vista) that gave me connectivity to my main e-mail account, but the secondary account was created more recently so those login details were not on the 2nd laptop. Now I have to create new passwords everywhere, so as to be able to re-enter them into my regular laptop. This time I will commit the login details to paper (so much for the "paperless" office).

Why were my login details deleted in the first place?

:)

herrqlys, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Deleted account appears in login and not able to login

Thanks for the reply Anu...

I am not logged in with the microsoft account so when I click on reset password on the windows login page I see a popup to enter the cd for the password recovery which I don't have it

This is a local windows account that I deleted from the command prompt in my previous login

for reference here are the steps that I followed

• Initially had Windows 7
    • upgraded to Windows 10
    • Didn't like it much as I have to run everything as administrator otherwise the application will not open
    • All my previous work is moved to a different user account which is a master admin and I have to keep trying to access to that folder
    • So I used a RECOVERY option in windows 10 to go back to Windows 7
    • Got a popup requesting to delete the accounts created in Windows 10
    • Using command prompt deleted the user account(local user account and not the Microsoft account.Read somewhere in blogs.(net user and then delete user from cmd prompt))
    • Got the confirmation message in cmd prompt window that the user account has been successfully deleted
    • Restarted my machine and I am surprised to see the login window (the one that is deleted in previous steps)
    • I tried resetting the password but requires password recovery cd which I didn't create after moving to Windows 10

Mohana V R KMutyala, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Why did the Windows 10 update of June 13, 2019 delete my login names and passwords,...

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Why did the Windows 10 update of June 13, 2019 delete my login names and passwords,...

1. Why did the Windows 10 update of June 13, 2019 delete my login names and passwords,... - Similar Threads - Why did update

2. Windows Update Nov 13, 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Nov 13, 2019: The latest update has deleted several of my most recent Word documents completely. I've "searched everywhere", and looked manually in Users and my doc folder, but they are gone, gone, gone. Considering that the documents in question were university assignments, it is...
  3. Update has deleted my excel files June 13th 2019

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Update has deleted my excel files June 13th 2019: I use Excel to keep track of my budget. The last time I was able to access my budget was June 13th 2019, now it is gone. Any time I try to open it, the "error message" saying that the file has either been deleted, removed or rename pops up. I didn't do any of those things......
  4. June 2019 update killed my machine

June 2019 update killed my machine: Like many people, after an update on June 23rd, I restarted due to an update, but it left me a black screen, a literal black screen. No BIOS splash screen, so I cannot run it with safe mode; HDD light flashed for one second, then turned off permanently; DVD made a click...
  5. June 2019 Update

June 2019 Update: I have an Asus laptop with a SSD. I was working on my computer and when I was done, I clicked on "Update and Shut Down". About 3 hours later I came back and found my computer had locked up. I shut it down and it hasn't worked since. Now when I turn it on all I get is a black...
  6. Windows 10 June 2019 update deleted Windows 7 games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 June 2019 update deleted Windows 7 games: Why did the latest Windows 10 update (June 2019) delete my Windows 7 games and put them in a 'windows.old' folder, a folder where dead programs go. Microsoft obviously made them no longer compatible. Why? Change it back! My father-in-law plays Solitare on my computer - now he...
  7. Windows 10 update breaks internet connection (June 13 2019)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update breaks internet connection (June 13 2019): Hello, recently installed the newest Windows 10 update (June 13 2019) Security "patch" update, and it broke my network drivers. I currently use a Asus PCE-AC88 Wireless-AC3100 PCIe adapter, and this newest update broke the drivers, either for this adapter and Asus doesn't...
  8. June 2019 update

June 2019 update: Update installed last night - all night. This morning I get a black screen after it asks to sign in and an error message that System profile Desktop is unavailable. Only recycle bin is visible. Can’t open any files. How do I roll back to yesterday?...
  9. Windows 10 update june 2019 removed all my saved themes and deleted my images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update june 2019 removed all my saved themes and deleted my images: It told me an update was due for just the security windows defender, then it started to install something called version 1903 or something that area of numbers. when it finished and I restarted all my personalized themes were gone, not only that but when I went ti check my...
  10. Windows update on 04/13/2019 Won’t allow my password to be recognized

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows update on 04/13/2019 Won’t allow my password to be recognized: I allowed newest windows 10 to run its update and when I tried logging on this morning it did not recognize my password and now I cannot log in. What it going on?!? I have time sensitive documents that I need to get out for work!! I even had a computer savy individual try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why did computer erase all of my passwords this morning

2. windows 10 upgrade deleted passwords

3. windows update 2019 surface pro exchange account requesting

4. windows update now deleted account 2019,
  5. microsoft updates surface pro 4 causing problems windows 10 june 2019