Windows 10: Why did this new "sun" icon start showing up in the notification area????

Discus and support Why did this new "sun" icon start showing up in the notification area???? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Coincident with a new Windows 10 update there's now a sun-like icon in the notification area with the assumed outside temperature shown, and clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tom Young99, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Why did this new "sun" icon start showing up in the notification area????

Coincident with a new Windows 10 update there's now a sun-like icon in the notification area with the assumed outside temperature shown, and clicking on this icon brings up "news."I'd like to get rid of this, but I don't know how. I can't find this item by clicking on Settings > Notifications & actions nor by clicking Taskbar settings > Select which icons appear on the taskbar.The weather info seems to be coming from the AccuWeather app and nothing in that app appears to allow me to get rid if this.Maybe it has some association with Microsoft Edge, which is not my default browser?

:)

Tom Young99, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Hans L Win User

Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

The tray link, (Option One/Step 2), seems to be depreciated in Build 10130, go to Settings via the other Steps or directly:

Why did this new "sun" icon start showing up in the notification area???? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 10, 2021
  4. ms1406 Win User

Why did this new "sun" icon start showing up in the notification area????

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Why did this new "sun" icon start showing up in the notification area????

1. Why did this new "sun" icon start showing up in the notification area???? - Similar Threads - Why did sun

2. Why Weather widget shows sun icon at night.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Weather widget shows sun icon at night.: My weather widget is not working correctly. It shows sun in night. This problem came 3 days back. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall 'Windows Web Experience Pack' but nothing worked. I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2 22621.1555.In Edge browser, it looks like this:...
  3. Why Weather widget shows sun icon at night.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Weather widget shows sun icon at night.: My weather widget is not working correctly. It shows sun in night. This problem came 3 days back. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall 'Windows Web Experience Pack' but nothing worked. I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2 22621.1555.In Edge browser, it looks like this:...
  4. Windows Security icon in Notification Area is Showing incorrect notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security icon in Notification Area is Showing incorrect notification: Action recomended but there is no protection history.what can i do now?[Original Title: windows security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-icon-in-notification-area-is/5f268b61-f18b-4918-bd15-e7c8fb38485d
  5. Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area: I don't know what the developers were thinking when they decided to simply remove this most basic of settings, but I could really use the option. The shell command workaround does not persist on reboots.It's inordinately annoying to have to make every new taskbar icon visible...
  6. Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons: [img] [img] [img] I tried some .bat files from this forum, but nothing changed Windows 10 version: 190318 Please help me to solve this...thanks 151929
  7. Notification Area not showing up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area not showing up.: Hi! I'm having a problem with my windows 10, when I got this computer it wasn't a problem, but something happened and now the notification area has disappeared! It's especially annoying when I wanna quickly close out of something running in the background or wanna use it to...
  8. Bluetooth icon is not showing up in system tray/notification area.

Bluetooth icon is not showing up in system tray/notification area.: Hi, I was moving my mouse to fast and accidentally deleted the Bluetooth icon from my taskbar. I am stuck trying to figure out how to restore it. According to "Select which icons appear on the toolbar" in settings, Bluetooth is set to on but the test also calls it windows...
  9. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  10. Notifications icon shows 1 but there are no new notifications.

Notifications icon shows 1 but there are no new notifications.: [IMG] This has been bugging me for a few months now, I have searched a few times but haven't found a fix for these false notifications. Restarting seems to get rid of them but it soon comes back again, can we please get a fix for this....