Windows 10: Why did W10 reboot itself?

Discus and support Why did W10 reboot itself? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I run a game server on my computer and I was shocked when I got home and saw no running application on my computer, like it had rebooted itself. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wall0000, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Why did W10 reboot itself?

Hi, I run a game server on my computer and I was shocked when I got home and saw no running application on my computer, like it had rebooted itself. So I searched on Google to try and find out what caused it to reboot and found this in the event log at precisely 9:00:00 PM, WTF Microshit:

´The process C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe (DESKTOP-22S22H0) has initiated the restart of computer DESKTOP-22S22H0 on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack (Planned) Reason Code: 0x80020010 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: ´

submitted by /u/wall0000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wall0000, Nov 15, 2019

2. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Outlook help - Office Support

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Infinite reboot loop after W10 anniversary update

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

This issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
      • bootrec /fixmbr
      • bootrec /fixboot
      • bootrec /scanos
      • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Nov 15, 2019
  4. felipaopl Win User

Why did W10 reboot itself?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Wait, but have you done the whole step-by-step guide described in the OP? DDL/DTS isn't supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 either, unless if you do the steps listed there.

felipaopl, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Why did W10 reboot itself?

1. Why did W10 reboot itself? - Similar Threads - Why did W10

2. why did my window wallpaper change itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did my window wallpaper change itself?: Just a fews minutes ago.i rebooted my computer normally. However, i find that the window wallpaper is changed.....I didnt change any settings.On top of that, I just reset my window 11 to the factory setting. The window should be in the default settings. Also, the default...
  3. why did my window wallpaper change itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did my window wallpaper change itself?: Just a fews minutes ago.i rebooted my computer normally. However, i find that the window wallpaper is changed.....I didnt change any settings.On top of that, I just reset my window 11 to the factory setting. The window should be in the default settings. Also, the default...
  4. Why my PC reboots itself randomly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my PC reboots itself randomly?: So I have this issue lately where my laptop decides to randomly reboot by itself. It happens like twice a day.I found something that says it is like administration problem, but I have these permissions.Codes are 10010; 10016there was some more but i can't get to itMy OS is...
  5. Why my PC reboots itself randomly?

Why my PC reboots itself randomly?: So I have this issue lately where my laptop decides to randomly reboot by itself. It happens like twice a day.I found something that says it is like administration problem, but I have these permissions.Codes are 10010; 10016there was some more but i can't get to itMy OS is...
  6. Windows rebooting by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows rebooting by itself: anyone who can please help me understand would be appreciatedThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000005c 0x0000000000000113, 0x0000000000000027, 0x000001fedc2b958b, 0x000001ffc4c040a7. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  7. Windows rebooting by itself

Windows rebooting by itself: anyone who can please help me understand would be appreciatedThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000005c 0x0000000000000113, 0x0000000000000027, 0x000001fedc2b958b, 0x000001ffc4c040a7. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  8. PC reboot itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC reboot itself: Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your reply and sorry for my simple english My pc keep randomly rebooting during the day. It no shows any error or signal and in device manager the only thing is Kernel Power 41, so is kinda generic. I've already reinstalled windows,...
  9. Why did Roblox install itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Roblox install itself?: Yesterday this new app just appeared and installed itself. It's called Roblox. I had never heard of it before, but I see it is some sort of gaming app. I don't have any games on my system and I can't imagine why it installed itself without asking for permission. I uninstalled...
  10. Why did Roblox install itself?

Why did Roblox install itself?: Yesterday this new app just appeared and installed itself. It's called Roblox. I had never heard of it before, but I see it is some sort of gaming app. I don't have any games on my system and I can't imagine why it installed itself without asking for permission. I uninstalled...