Windows 10: Why did Win 10 installer go on to network and put old wallpaper up?

Discus and support Why did Win 10 installer go on to network and put old wallpaper up? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, just bought a new laptop, and while installing win 10 updates, i noticed that the wallpaper changed to an old one that i had on my desktop PC a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delk, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Delk Win User

Why did Win 10 installer go on to network and put old wallpaper up?

Hello,

just bought a new laptop, and while installing win 10 updates, i noticed that the wallpaper changed to an old one that i had on my desktop PC a little while back (not present one).

i didnt do anything to wallpaper or any settings (yet) as i'm still in the win 10 update progress, but what's going on here -- why did it do this (i.e. go to another pc on my network and use an old wall paper)?

thx in advance

:)

2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Aug 29, 2019
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Aug 29, 2019
  4. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Why did Win 10 installer go on to network and put old wallpaper up? - Similar Threads - Why did installer

2. why did my window wallpaper change itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did my window wallpaper change itself?: Just a fews minutes ago.i rebooted my computer normally. However, i find that the window wallpaper is changed.....I didnt change any settings.On top of that, I just reset my window 11 to the factory setting. The window should be in the default settings. Also, the default...
  3. why did my window wallpaper change itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did my window wallpaper change itself?: Just a fews minutes ago.i rebooted my computer normally. However, i find that the window wallpaper is changed.....I didnt change any settings.On top of that, I just reset my window 11 to the factory setting. The window should be in the default settings. Also, the default...
  4. Is it available putting a video as a wallpaper??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it available putting a video as a wallpaper??: I have been trying to put a video as my wallpaper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-available-putting-a-video-as-a-wallpaper/7e2865e0-42f9-4b3f-a085-1f95965e6e6b
  5. installing an old printer on win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing an old printer on win 10: Hi, I want to install a canon laser shot lbp1120 printer on my pc with win 10 but actually can't find a driver for that, how should I do, its any way to install it?...
  6. Windows 10 old wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 old wallpaper: I lost my windows 10 original wallpaper.Can someone help me restore it? I already tried searching bing and all other the websites but its of no use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-old-wallpaper/58d949f0-b776-4f77-97c2-4b9ba493ea0a
  7. Why did my wallpaper picture change?

Why did my wallpaper picture change?: My wife and I both have Windows 10 Accounts. I access my account on my desktop. She accesses her account on her laptop. This morning when I left I had my American Flag wallpaper on my desktop. I left the computer (did not log off) and came back at 12:30 to find a picture of...
  8. Why did Win 10 installer go on to network and put old wallpaper up?

Why did Win 10 installer go on to network and put old wallpaper up?: Hello, just bought a new laptop, and while installing win 10 updates, i noticed that the wallpaper changed to an old one that i had on my desktop PC a little while back (not present one). i didnt do anything to wallpaper or any settings (yet) as i'm still in the win 10...
  9. Why did Briefcsae go away in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did Briefcsae go away in Windows 10?: I use briefcase between multiple computers in my shop that are not connected to the internet. These are portable devices that need files synced with the NAS server when back in the shop. My first new laptop running Windows 10 and it is worthless to me. If Microsoft does not...
  10. Did clean install of Win 10 on SSD - Want to put Win 7 on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did clean install of Win 10 on SSD - Want to put Win 7 on hard drive: I probably went about this backwards. I had Windows 7 installed on a 120GB SSD with my User files & some Program Files on a 1TB hard drive. I did a clean install of Windows 10 on the SSD last night. Now I have decided that I want to keep the Windows 7 OS also, but I am not...