Windows 10: Why did Windows 10 add "English UK" to my Keyboards out of NO where?

Discus and support Why did Windows 10 add "English UK" to my Keyboards out of NO where? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, This is absolutely irritating and annoying!! Somehow, out of nowhere, Windows 10 just decided to add additional Keyboard language to mine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ahmed_AB, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Ahmed_AB Win User

Why did Windows 10 add "English UK" to my Keyboards out of NO where?

Hi All,

This is absolutely irritating and annoying!!

Somehow, out of nowhere, Windows 10 just decided to add additional Keyboard language to mine.

I used to have only US English and Arabic keyboards.

However now, I have UK English too! why?

Worst still is, the Keyboard layout is different than the US one which the Laptop happens to have it built-in.

So, if im typing in Arabic and then switch to English say to type a password, I keep getting wrong password! why?
    Because the "@"#" on US Keyboard are on different locations on the UK Keyboard. it is frustrating to no End.

On top of that, I am unable to find and remove the UK keyboard, where the hell is it hidden??

Please if someone knows how to get rid of it let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Why did Windows 10 add "English UK" to my Keyboards out of NO where? 4f5fc97d-6a76-4adc-a11f-2d89985c5ad6?upload=true.png

Why did Windows 10 add "English UK" to my Keyboards out of NO where? 0e66237e-36a9-43c2-b547-51c0955a0314?upload=true.png

:)

Ahmed_AB, Jan 6, 2020

2. Can't remove English UK keyboard after windows update

Hey,

I updated my Windows 10 with the latest update over the weekend.

When I signed in today I found that my Default language was changed from English (US) to English (UK) and that the English(UK) keyboard was added as well.

I managed to change the default language back to English (US) by downloading the language pack but I can't seem to remove the UK keyboard at all.

When clicking the keyboard the Remove option is grayed out (as is the US keyboard's option).

To add to the weirdness, I also have another keyboard layout that doesn't appear in the list of keyboards or their Options.

Help?

Ashi Atlas, Jan 6, 2020
  3. spapakons Win User
    US keyboard + UK English

You could leave only the English UK language, but then you would have to remember that some symbols on your keyboard are on a different place when typing (such as @ and " and others).

spapakons, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Why did Windows 10 add "English UK" to my Keyboards out of NO where?

Enabled UK keyboard layout not working

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the below steps and check if you are able to change keyboard to a UK layout. Follow the below steps.

• Type Region on the search bar and click on
      Region and language.

• Click on Add language and click on
      English
      and select UK eng.

• Click on the UK English and click on
      Option.

• Now click on add keyboard and select the
      keyboard.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Why did Windows 10 add "English UK" to my Keyboards out of NO where?

1. Why did Windows 10 add "English UK" to my Keyboards out of NO where? - Similar Threads - Why did add

2. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  3. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  4. How to remove English UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove English UK keyboard?: I have only three language inputs selected in settings: Japanese, Lithuanian and English US. However, for some reason in that quick switch language tab there is English UK keyboard. It all would be fine if not that " and @ signs are mixed and this is quite annoying. Can...
  5. English UK.

English UK.: I keep getting: English USA when I select: 'Language,' even though I make it default English UK in the language box. It jumps back to: USA continuously. WhY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-uk/5833a679-f4cd-483a-8750-82e703be2b84
  6. Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English

Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English: Hello, We have recently upgraded all our machines to Windows 10 in the office from Windows 7 however it seems that after the upgrade some users have started getting US English keyboards. I have looked through Language settings in the settings area and nowhere does it...
  7. How to add UK English Keyboard in Chinese Pinyin?

How to add UK English Keyboard in Chinese Pinyin?: My Surface pro typecover is UK English keyboard. However, the Microsoft Chinese simplified sets US keyboard as default. How can I add UK English Keyboard in Chinese Pinyin? [ATTACH]...
  8. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?: Hello there! Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open Language Settings, the keyboard layout isn't there, so I can't remove it, but it is still present otherwise - please see the...
  9. Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english

Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english: I have been attempting to change my keyboard language for some time now I have already tried the obvious things such as going into settings and changing all of my settings to English and even syncing my Microsoft account settings. However, the problem still persists. What...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942